GCA HR Manager
Location: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN
Requisition Number: 205288
Position Title: Manager, HR Regional Partners
Position : Country HR Manager (Greater China Area)
Location : Beijing, China
We are seeking a highly skilled, business-minded, experienced Country HR Manager/Regional HR Partner for GCA (China, Taiwan & Hongkong). The position will be based at our Beijing office. The HR Manager will report to the Regional HR Director, Asia Pacific and is responsible for helping implement and deliver Human Resources initiatives, strategies, policies and programs in the Greater China Area geography. This position provides counsel directly to the management team and the employees in the geography. This includes strategies to accelerate the organization’s transformation to create a high-performance culture. The ideal candidate must /have demonstrated the ability to effectively influence managers to achieve results.
- Operationalize HR practices, programs, processes, and services that drive individual and business performance.
- Support deployment of global HR processes and programs, including Performance and Talent Management, Pay Administration, Career Development, and Organization Design initiatives, working in tandem with HRBPs & HR COEs.
- Provide day to day delivery of HR best practices and services that match HR solutions to business issues
- Provide consultation to managers and employees on employee relation matters.
- Leverage the internal culture, values, mission and vision to inspire and engage employees.
- Execute approved workforce plans and perform headcount analyses to ensure resources are properly aligned to meet business goals and objectives
- Partner with managers and talent acquisition COE on acquiring the right talent, including assessing the skill gaps and building the staffing strategy to acquire the future talent
- Deploy regulatory compliance/conformance and diversity initiatives within the geographic location
- Design appropriate retention strategies – consult with senior leaders on talent development and succession plans and help implement consistent practices throughout the organization
- Analyze total comp packages for employees and make sound recommendations on competitive pay delivery
- Provide analytical support in the delivery of HR reporting requirements and provide a measurement of success in everything we do.
- Accountable for leading local employee relations and advocacy, Ensures Geo/site compliance with Teradata policies, local workforce laws and regulations.
- Maintain professional network in respective markets to stay abreast of trend changes in labor competition and availability of talent
- Promote and maintain the organization’s visibility in the industry.
- Assist with various projects as determined by the HR Leaderships.
- This is an office-based position located in Beijing, China. Travel to other site locations where applicable may be required. Up to 20% travel required.
- This position occasionally requires extended hours and after-hours follow up given time zones and the entrepreneurial nature of the team.
Skills & Attributes
- Customer focused
- Proactive & takes initiative
- Strong analytical, influencing, organizational, and consultancy skills
- Critical thinking
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead problem solving activity
- Ability to work effectively across cultures and countries to develop and deploy HR solutions
- Be results-oriented, a self-starter, and self-directed with proven ability to work with remote teams
- Flexible and able to adapt to fast paced/changing work environment
- Must have a strong understanding of current HR challenges in the marketplace
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Industrial Relations or related discipline. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a Human Resource function, preferably with a technology and/or services company.
- The ideal candidate should have -
- Knowledge in a broad range of HR functional areas including Compensation (practice and delivery), HR Technology, Talent Management, Performance Management and general HR.
- The ability to engage and influence others to achieve results in a highly matrixed environment.
- The able to analyze inputs and make data-driven recommendations that align with best practices and understand competing business priorities to drive results and meet deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of statutory requirements and local labor laws.
- This position requires someone comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced, rapidly changing, results-oriented work environment and hold themselves to a very high standard. To be successful, candidates must be self-directed and capable of working well as an individual contributor and lead multi-locational team.
- The position requires strong MS Office skills.
State: Beijing Shi
Community / Marketing Title: GCA HR Manager
Job Category: Human Resources
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: BEIJING, Beijing Shi CN