Corporate Financial Reporting Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205051
Position Title: Financial Planning & Analyst (IV)
The Corporate Reporting Manager will be a critical addition to the Corporate FP&A Organization to help design, prepare and automate recurring and ad-hoc reporting and analytics to assist day to day business operations, provide senior and executive management decision support, and help build out scalable corporate and global finance reporting and analytical capabilities.
The role will require excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to understand big pictures while paying close attention to details, ability to work collaboratively and willingness to work in a highly transformative environment (i.e. fast paced, high stress at times, with clear goals to improve on existing capabilities) with flux of data or lack thereof.
The role will partner closely with Corporate and Region Finance and Managements, GTM organizations, ITS, and Hyperion Team.
- Work with corporate FP&A management, functional leads and broader finance community to develop and automate financial reporting and analytics.
- Provide cross-functional support as needed to identify and create/automate financial and operational reporting and metrics to support decisions.
- Ensure financial and operational reporting applications reconcile to the general ledger and accurately reflect the state of the business.
- Partner with ITS, Transcend and Hyperion team to resolve reporting, data and hierarchy issues.
- Research underlying data to ensure accuracy and relevancy – Revenue, bookings, ARR
- Support monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc, on-demand reporting requests
- Create and maintain an environment of personal accountability that encourages ownership of issues and standards of excellence.
- Be a leader and driver of change management
- Bachelors degree in Finance, MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience in data management, research, reporting and automation.
- Strong communication skills to work effectively with multiple cross functional teams and finance partners.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills to identify opportunities in the business.
- Understands the time constraints of the reporting cycle while at the same time being able to prioritize internal customer needs and timelines.
- Ability to maintain flexibility as the company transformation process evolve.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Data quality control, research and cleaning
- Ability to deduct reason based on available data.
- Strong leadership qualities to lead, define, influence and communicate
- Excellent reporting, analytical and modelling skills with ability to clearly summarize and present findings to achieve business objectives and goals.
- Highly proficient in advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of ERP, Data Warehouse, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Business Objects, Power BI, Dashboards
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting theory and practices
- Experience in SaaS companies
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Financial Reporting Manager
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US