Senior Product Manager - HW Platforms
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205035
Position Title: Product Manager (III)
As a Teradata Product Manager Infrastructure as a Service you will be part of our cross-functional Product Team, leading roadmap development and agile execution and oversight of the product development lifecycle.
Internally, the role involves close collaboration with other key leaders, Product Managers, Development, Support, Sales and Consultancy teams across Teradata’s global business.
Engage in the development of use cases, user requirements and business plan for Teradata’s flagship platform
Lead the agile scrum teams and own the product development lifecycle for your initiatives or offerings
Develop detailed User Stories, Definition of Done and Acceptance
Monitor ongoing execution of initiative or offering development by collaborating closely with functional teams in an agile environment.
Lead efforts to drive early customer validation and adoption
Track progress against success metrics and escalate potential risks or arising issues.
Attend trade/technical conferences to keep up with market trends and technologies
Participate in product launch activities, the creation of sales training and certification requirements and determine technical sales dependencies.
Determine partner / ecosystem training requirements and detail roles.
Bachelor/Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
- 4-7+ years of dedicated Product Management experience in a Software technology business
- Experience in Databases: Relational, NoSQL, Data Migration
- Experience in the application development environment (Teradata, Oracle, Vertica, related DB platforms), Data Migration
- Public Cloud Services: Storage (AWS S3, Azure Blob Storage), Data Orchestration / ETL (AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, Data Catalog), Datawarehouse (AWS Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse), Analytics and Visualization (Amazon Athena, Azure Data Lake Analytics) is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills Ideally, you will also have the following:
- 4+ years of technical software development or cloud database architecture experience
- Understands UX design, User Stories, Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria
- Experience working in an agile product development environment and tools such as Aha!, Jira or equivalent
- Ability to work directly with engineers and vendors to design and iterate on backlogs
- Analytical thinking and creative ability to work outside the box to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with account teams and customers
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Product Manager - HW Platforms
Job Category: Product Management
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US