Support Product Manager, SQL Engine
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 205000
Position Title: Services Product Manager IV
Location: San Diego
Teradata Global Support Organization is seeking an experienced Support Product Manager to join the SQL Engine team. Ideally, you have Product Support Planning and/or Product Management experience in enterprise analytical ecosystem and demonstrated abilities of data-driven problem-solving, business acumen, effective collaboration with multiple teams, and leadership in driving cross-functional results.
You will drive product supportability features and customer support practices making New SQL Engine easier to deploy, operate, support, and ultimately, enable our customers to quickly and successfully use SQL Engine to deliver business outcomes. We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated, independent, and creative who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
Roles, Responsibilities, & Deliverables
Technology: Quickly learn and understand technologies as developed and released by Engineering
Supportability: Develop a product support philosophy based on the competitive market place, industry trends, competitive benchmarks, and product positioning (support & services focused)
- Liaison to provide input to Teradata tiered services portfolio and offerings
- Define and drive product supportability requirements in the product roadmap
- Provide thought leadership on improving product deployment and shift to early detection, predictive, and preventative – i.e. installation, upgrade, migration, and back-down
- Represent and align CS stakeholders in the product release process
- Develop product support plan in concert with market, competitive, and technology/customer trends including a supportability risk assessment with releases.
Quality: First-hand knowledge of installed base customer experience through incident and quality data analysis
- Leads prioritization of quality issues in the product roadmap through backlog alignments leveraging the first-hand view of customer experience
- Review and approve quality and user acceptance test plans for releases
- Identify and evolve product support documentation requirements and ensure successful knowledge transfers
- Identify and evolve support practices specific to your product
- Identify and drive requirements for diagnostic tools and parts replacement
- Provide thought leadership to leverage greater service analytics and automation to shift to early detection, proactive avoidance (predictive), and preventative maintenance.
Business Model: Work closely with service offering team to develop, own, and communicate all support costs to Product Management, Service Offering, and Support leadership. Support costs will include costs of personnel, tools, parts, issue impact on revenue, etc.
- Telemetry: Define and evolve IoT and backend requirements for break/fix and performance issue detection and automated diagnostics and resolution
Analytics: Define, monitor, and evolve analytics and KPIs to drive continuous improvement in incident resolution velocity, quality, support costs, and supportability requirements
- Identify proactive and prescriptive support opportunities
- Requirements Gathering – 35%
- Realization & Deployment – 40%
- Lifecycle Management – 25%
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required
- Experience in Enterprise Software Product Management, Product Support Planning, Customer Support, and/or Program Management
- Proven ability to understand and solve complex business problems, leveraging your analytical skills and ability to dive deep to create effective strategic plans and tactical countermeasures
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable with both business and technical discussions
- Experience in building trusting relationships and leading through emotional intelligence
- Ability to organize and lead teams who do not directly report to you
- Strong desire to take ownership and deliver customer-first solutions
- Agile/Scrum development experience
- Demonstrable track record of success
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Support Product Manager, SQL Engine
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US