Location: Prague, Praha CZ
Requisition Number: 204971
Position Title: Managed Services II+
The Teradata Managed Services team is looking to hire a Database Administrator to perform database and system administration, providing SQL optimization, performance tuning of systems and monitoring of daily ETL jobs. The Database Administrator (DBA) requires specific technical knowledge about the administration and control of the data warehouse environment, including the Teradata Database or another DBMS, the associated operating system, and related tools.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of Database and OS Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting for customers
- Manage systems that are located on-premises, in the cloud, or functioning in a mixed environment
- Support and monitor ETL jobs
- Incident handling and troubleshooting
- Mentor and interact with other team members and the client for the dissemination of information about the database and system administration
- Manage users and permissions based on the level of roles and security matrix
- Monitoring and tuning performance (monitoring CPU usage and disk I/O activity via Viewpoint, Creating and maintaining indexes & partitioning, statistics collection, Teradata active workload management optimization)
- Working at the customer’s site or remotely from the company's office
- Involvement in pilot projects with Teradata’s and partner’s software
- Certification and exams in the period established by the head of the unit.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of work experience as a Database Administrator or Developer with expertise in one or more of the following database technologies: Teradata, Oracle, SQL SERVER, etc.
- Strong understanding of the function and role of analytics technologies such as RDBMS’s, SQL, open-source, cloud technologies, and analytic functions; and strong design and architecture skills
- Linux/UNIX administration and shell scripting knowledge
- Cloudera or Hortonworks maintenance experience will be a plus
- Understanding of DWH architecture and ETL concepts
- Knowledge of data archive/restore processes and policies
- Proficient English language; French will be an advantage
- Experience collaborating across virtual cross-functional teams
- “Get stuff done” attitude to produce compelling marketing and technical content
- Readiness to work in shifts (no night shifts and weekends)
- EU citizenship or CZ permanent residency.
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing 2 weeks of on-site training about Teradata architecture
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- Meal vouchers in the amount of 110 CZK/ day (Teradata contributes 83 CZK/day)
- Multisport Card
- 25 days of holiday a year
- Private medical care
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Life insurance
- Company’s contribution to the Pension fund (up to 3% of monthly gross salary)
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years).
Community / Marketing Title: Database Administrator
Job Category: IT
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Prague, Praha CZ