Customer Support Specialist
Location: SEOUL, Gyeonggido KR
Requisition Number: 204872
Position Title: Customer Technical Support III
The TSS will provide the incident management along with technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer’s (both internal and external) problems. The TSS will work directly with the customer, on-site Customer Engineers and the Teradata Global Support Engineers to understand the problem, capture appropriate failure information and search knowledge for complex known solutions using available systems, tools, and resources to resolve the customer’s problems. The TSS will perform troubleshooting activities, escalate problems to the appropriate party(s), and assist in communicating the solution to the customer. The TSS must develop and maintain a working knowledge of current hardware, software, firmware, processes, and tools. The TSS will be required to have both strong technical and interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent or Technical/Associates degree with Database Administration and UNIX experience is preferred. The ability to read, understand, and communicate complex technical information. The TSS must have the ability to apply factors of effective listening, such as displaying interest, not interrupting when another is speaking, asking appropriate questions and withholding judgments. Ability to express ideas in an organized, articulate, and concise manner. Professionalism by continually maintaining a positive attitude and communication style even in critical or stressful customer situations. Ability to work with others cooperatively. Ability to support others on the team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Project manages all resources needed to resolve a customer’s problem including:
- Collaborating with other analysts and Solution Engineers, as appropriate, develop the Problem Isolation and Solution Creation plans to uncover the root cause and the fix for the problem
- Own the problem resolution process including: identifying and project managing third party suppliers, providing control and follow-up for the resolution activities, and, as appropriate, personally solving the customer’s problem
- Assess the risks, business impact (including financial) and technical resource impact of the solution alternatives with the Customer, operationalize/socialize the solution including: presenting and gaining agreement for the recommended Problem Isolation Plan, Solution Creation Plan, and the Solution Implementation Plan
- Engage the Customer Account Team if the customer will not accept any proposed resolution to the problem
- Provide feedback to the Solution Engineer or update the rediscovery database
- Evaluate performance and provide feedback for the supplier performance, process improvements, and case documentation
Review the Knowledge Base and utilize experience to identify trends, anomalies, and patterns, and communicate results
- Use available systems tools to assess data
- Identify patterns, provide feedback, and make suggestions for process, product, system, tool, and organizational improvements
Record information into the system
- Effectively document problems and solutions and verify and make appropriate corrections to the incident record and customer profile
- Write and/or create technical documents as appropriate
- Identify processes, products and services areas of improvements and team with other analysts to improve the process
Contribute as a team member
- Participate in team meetings and activities
- Participate in objective setting, performance management, reward and recognition programs
- Participate in special projects to continuously improve processes, tools, systems and organization
- Be aware of Corporate Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action programs and guidelines and is responsible for providing equal opportunity to all associates in all phases of the business
- Participate in planning and implementing personal and career development activities
- Actively develop job related skills
Problem resolution may involve multiple sources of resource expertise from a variety of internal and external supplier organizations in order to solve a problem or research an issue that has no documented history or precedence. The position may involve support for multiple product lines and industries, customers from varying countries, cultures, and languages.
- The Technical Support Specialists works in a fast-paced, demanding technical customer support center environment that requires timely solutions to complex technical problems, often of a critical nature to the customer.
- New technology developments and expanded support services require continual skill expansion and enhancement, often in an on-the-job environment.
- The work environment requires rotation in work hours, pager rotation, and or extended hours, as needed, to accommodate customer needs.
- This position will also be supporting International customers and the ability to speak other languages in addition to English is a plus
Coordinates activities associated with product/service resolution issues
Logs problem resolution- maintains databases
Initial problem triage
Research knowledge bases for known solutions to known problems
Identification and management of duplicate incidents
Populate work flow documents
Extract logs, dumps, error files from customer systems
Prepare and transmit source upgrade files
Presents and gains agreement for problem isolation, solution creation and implementation plans
Isolates standard problems
Diagnose hardware problems
Perform back trace analysis via appropriate tool set
Provide remote support to on site resources
Education / Experience
Bachelor’s Science Degree or equivalent experience.
Basic TD Certification will be preference
Good communication skills in English
Native in Korean
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Support Specialist
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: SEOUL, Gyeonggido KR