Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 204835
Position Title: Managed Services I+
Skill - Teradata Database Administrator
Job Location - Mumbai/ Pune
- Manage and support 24x7 production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications
- He should perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
Manage Production/Development databases in the following areas
- View Point Monitoring
- Space Management
- Security Management
- User Management
- Backup and Recovery
- System Performance monitoring using Teradata Viewpoint.
- Exposure to Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/SQL Assistance etc.
- User/objects & access rights management as per Teradata Best practices.
- Exposure to backup and restore process using Veritas NetBackup(TARA) / Netvault / Tivoli/ DSA etc.
- Exposure to manage the development/QA boxes.
- Exposure as an Development DBA.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management.
- Exposure to troubleshoot the FastLoad / Multiload/ FastExport/ BTEQ/ TPump errors, should be good at error handling.
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting).
- Engineering Graduate
- 5 - 8 years of work IT experience
- 3+ years of DBA experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
Skills & Attributes
- Working experience as an DBA in Teradata
- Should have worked in Unix platforms.
- Good presentation, communication skills.
Desirable Skills :-
- Understanding of Normalization and De-normalization concept
- Ability to write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Should have good working knowledge on UNIX shell scripting.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Should be good at automating various processes.
- Should be good at users/objects/rights management.
- Some experience in an environment where ETL/BI tools such as Informatica, DataStage, OWB, Hyperion, Business Objects, SAS, and Microstrategy were an important part of the environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Teradata DBA
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN