Vendor Risk Analyst/Coordinator
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 204773
Position Title: Purchasing Analyst (III)
Vendor Risk Analyst/Coordinator
The primary role of the Vendor Risk Analyst will be to oversee the communications, monitoring, and quality review of required ongoing monitoring activities for active 3rd party vendor services. This incorporates direct communication and training of Supplier Relationship Managers and Business Owners, issue management, escalation procedures and documenting/archiving QA artifacts for services requiring oversight activities.
- This person will be involved in initial vetting requirements, appropriate risk classification, scoring, controls and ongoing monitoring of Teradata’s 3rd party suppliers.
- Coordinate with Category Leaders for Net New services to ensure proper risk assessment completion and update legacy services based on their risk profile.
- Conduct due diligence oversight around ongoing monitoring deliverables and maintain governance tools and processes.
- Monitor spend levels, purchasing patterns, and appropriateness of goods/services procured.
- Ensure all suppliers are in compliance with policy/contractual terms
- Participate in the development of analytics tools for the purpose of monitoring.
- Conduct independent research and communication to the necessary parties to gather, update, and confirm needed information.
- Report on monitored suppliers and identify any abhorrent behavior
- Work with Procurement, Payables, Audit & Corporate Security teams to conduct investigations if necessary.
- Must have a strong understanding of enterprise supply chain and vendor risk management program requirements, and determine if compromises should be made relative to requirements/value add.
- Be an advocate for the Business Owner/Category Leader to ensure their time is well spent.
Skills & Attributes
- Analytical – strong comfort level with data driven analytics and reporting is a must
- Strategist – applies innovative approaches to driving high value
- Innovative and Resourceful - Draws from a large pool of diverse resources or information
- Creative - Develops new approaches for situations in which standard approaches do not apply
- Adaptable - Adjusts to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change. Accepts and adapts to new or alternative approaches
- Excellent communication and problem-solving/trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (internally) and/or with outside professionals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years’ work experience in an auditing role with solid corporate risk, procurement, quality, and/or process management experience, including at least two years’ experience with supplier risk monitoring.
- Strong aptitude for multi-tasking, project management and being able to determine appropriate prioritization of projects.
- Ability to travel to support projects (less than 25% travel is projected)
- Experience in data mining and analysis techniques
- Working understanding of the vendors setup rules, supplier sourcing functionality, and the associated affects on purchasing execution process and systems
- Understanding of regional regulation/factors that may influence vendor practices or increase risk
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Vendor Risk Analyst/Coordinator
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US