Location: Moscow, Moskva RU
Requisition Number: 204762
Position Title: Technology Consulting III
About the Role
Senior Data Analyst is an important function within the Teradata Professional Services organisation, as it provides detailed information about a Customer’s source systems, data availability, data quality and will recommend data improvements in quality, data management, lineage and governance during the lifecycle of an Data Warehouse. Often the duration, simplicity and efficiency of an implementation is reliant upon good quality, accurately sourced data, and often the data is in disparate source systems with little/no overarching reviews or management.
- Provides support in the use of enterprise data, particularly identifying synergies and connections between data across business areas.
- Providing support to analyse data requirements and data stored in a disparate set of systems and designing a robust relational structure.
- Sufficient technical understanding of Teradata architecture to formulate first cut of the Physical Data Model.
- Data modelling (logical and physical design ) from information gathering to model validation.
- ETL design, creating of Source-to-Target documents for detail data and data marts,
- Analysing data access and modification requirements to support optimal database design.
- Providing expert support in pre-sales activities, participation in preparing of commercial proposals
- Development of analytic tasks in terms of different technologies (DWH, BigData , , OpenSource BI)
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
- Provide quality assurance reviews on active projects to review adherence to best practices.
- Develop guidelines and material to support colleagues in the area of data mining, data analysis, data modelling and data presentation.
- Collaborate with the Capability Development team to review/enhance existing processes and practices (or create new ones) to streamline delivery and improve repeatability and quality.
- Five + years’ experience as a business-/ system analyst/architect in DWH projects in Finance , Telco or Retail.
- Experience in relational data modelling required
- Demonstrated senior level capabilities in conceptual analysis, problem solving, and data analysis, with ability to lead and facilitate business requirements and data analysis and modelling sessions.
- Experience coordinating information requirements of multiple departments, including assessment of usefulness, reliability and cleanliness of data from several sources.
- Ability to effectively present complex technical information to non-technical audiences and to senior decision-makers.
- Proactively engage with the project stake-holders and understand requirements.
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with ERWIN or Power Designer as modelling tool is required, with additional Model Mart management experience preferred.
- Experience with Teradata is an advantage.
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, SAP BO, QlikView) is an advantage.
- Experience with Data Governance tasks is an advantage.
- Strong Project process understanding, with excellent system documentation skills.
- Wide outlook in in different technologies used for data analytic (DWH, BigData, Advanced Analytics), readiness to participate in projects across all these areas.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills required; technical and business writing skills.
- Manages client interaction and expectations regarding this functional area.
- Creativity and ability to find solutions, which can be interesting for customers.
Candidates must have a Bachelor degree in IT or Finance
Community / Marketing Title: Data Analyst
Job Category: IT
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Moscow, Moskva RU