Release Management Lead - Analytics Development
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204744
Position Title: Configuration Release Engineer (IV)
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
As the Release Management Lead within our Analytic Platform organization, you will be responsible for coordinating release and deployment of software through development, test and production environments for multiple and parallel agile development teams. The position is a collaborative role between development, ScrumMasters, Business Systems Analyst as well the functional business leads. In this position, you will be responsible for tracking all software configuration items from planning through deployment and ensuring auditability through the process. The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured. This position also works with the engineering and release management processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
Role and Responsibilities
• Lead the build and execution of a release automation solution using tools such as JIRA, GitHub, and Jenkins
• Work with the Analytic Platform team to enhance the release planning and coordination practices
• Support the Analytic Platform team to standardize use of dev, test and production environments and assist in regulation of their defined use and purpose
• Work with Teradata Solution Engineering organization to understand roadmap and program dependencies
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases meet or exceed expectations
• Validate all planned release components approved are tested and deployed into production with supporting audit trail.
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Conduct process improvement reviews with all development team members
• Weekly Release Reporting
• Communicate release details and schedules to the business stakeholders as required
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
• Work with solution engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
• Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
• Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
• Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
• Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
• Participate in planning meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
• Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Must have hands on experience with implementing CI/CD automation using GitHub, JIRA and Jenkins
• Experience with Agile methodology
• 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis, development, or testing. Strongly prefer experience in large integrated data environments
• Prefer experience in bash or python scripting Formal training in project management practices preferred
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Strong communication, teaming and presentation skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Release Management Lead - Analytics Development
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US