Service Experience Manager
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Requisition Number: 204735
Position Title: Service Experience Manager V
Service Experience Managers are dedicated to helping our customers achieve operational excellence for their analytical ecosystem, which will drive customer satisfaction and increased Teradata consumption. Operational excellence will ensure our customers get the most value from their ecosystem investment. This role augments the account executives and solution architects who help our customers understand potential business value and options to apply analytic technology to capture that value.
Service Experience Managers execute their role by both delivering specific value-add services and by serving as a focal point overseeing ongoing operational services. Service Experience Managers will bring not only industry established rigor for operational excellence (ITIL/ITSM) but also build on observed best practices across our diverse customer base.
Service Experience Managers will assess where our customers are on their journey to operational excellence. This assessment will be built on ongoing shared metrics as well as formal review processes executed quarterly and annually. The assessments will help form clear plans to improve performance and drive greater value.
Service Experience Managers will be very focused on helping our customers actively manage operational risk. By reviewing the best information regarding operational risk-based for the customer’s specific environment we will bring recommendations forward and work with our customers to execute mitigation plans.
Service Experience Managers will have an oversight and support role in ongoing services and will monitor performance against SLAs and drive adjustments in resources or processes if required. When operational challenges arise the Service Experience Manager will be engaged to make sure Teradata brings our best forward to quickly resolve the issue. The Service Experience Manager bridges the various Teradata teams delivering ongoing services as needed to make sure activities are coordinated and working an integrated resolution plan.
Skills and Experience
This position requires an Australian Government Security Clearance. Prerequisites for a security clearance include the candidate must be an Australian Citizen and have a willingness to undergo a security clearance process.
-Prior experience with driving operational excellence at SaaS or data warehouse company
-High-level technical knowledge of data warehouse products and services (bring in SMEs for detailed technical info)
-Ability to manage a diverse workforce across on and off-shore delivery teams and cross-functional business units
-Strong client management and change management skills
-Experience across a number of industries to offer flexible staffing options or experience in highly regulated industry (e.g., healthcare, financial services)
-Ability to drive successful delivery teams that continually evolve and improve our ability to execute on time and above expectations
Main tasks & key responsibilities
Drive operational excellence
Assess customer’s ongoing analytical environment (e.g., ITSM assessment) from product and services perspective
Provide recommendations to improve performance and value to the customer
• Actively manage operational risk (e.g., manage test, configuration)
• Provide expertise on industry / TDC best practice on operational excellence (e.g., ITIL, change management); industry-specific expertise only required for highly regulated verticals (e.g., healthcare, government)
• Facilitate collaboration and joint planning between services teams through the creation of services community focused around customer experience, elimination of overlaps, and creation of leverage between organizations when feasible (may require collaboration tool)
• Provide client-related knowledge management; ensure knowledge relative to the client is maintained and shared in a timely manner across teams
Manage service account
• Builds a trusted advisor relationship with customer teams (executive level vs. operational) responsible for production support and infrastructure mgmt.; liaises with SMEs (CS/MS) for technical or specific info on change and release mgmt. / operations mgmt.
• Manages communication of overall execution against contractual SLAs for operational and infrastructure support services to the customer
• Manages CS/MS on the delivery of specific proactive services as entitled (System Health reviews, Incident reviews, Risk items like tech alerts)
• Provides input on ongoing services contract renewal process
• Identify customer training needs and recommend appropriate coursework to improve use cases/business case (vs. technical)
Manage and track customer satisfaction
• Improve the customer experience by determining cross-functional process improvements either within TDC or with customer
• Advocate/program manage customer escalations cross-departmentally
• Articulate customer business needs to cross-functional organizations to improve, enhance existing offers or to create new services offers
• Survey customer experience and determine ways to improve customer satisfaction/NPS ratings
• Put proactive measures in place to get a 360-degree view of the customer (e.g., NPS, Incident surveys, Consumption/usage of system/services) to detect early signals of at-risk renewals and design a playbook to address risks
• Consolidate and report customer results and forecasts (high-level trends, highlight key exceptions, compare cross-functional delivery)
Manage incidents / events
• Manage customers onboarding TD (Cloud or on Premise), esp. integration of tools (e.g., ITSM, Viewpoint)
• Serve as a focal point for communication and incident management during critical events (e.g., facilitate communication between TD engineering and customer)
• Manages root cause analysis for critical incidents (esp. when cross-functional)
• Oversee post critical event reviews focused on root caused and corrective actions (TD and Customer actions)
Manage service delivery
• Manage Service Delivery Fidelity (SOW compliance and action)
• Evaluate and communicate delivery and systems metrics / SLA achievement, and engage in value based /roadmap activities and incorporate resultant plans reporting on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
• Manage resource oversight & coordination of ongoing operational resources (CS, MS) including new team member onboarding
Generate sales leads and support sales
• Identify and hand-off upsell opportunities
• Regularly meet with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
• Regularly meet with EDC Engagement Partner to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
• Promote customer engagement in various TD forums (sales events, User groups, User forums)
• Assist and provide input in contract negotiations
Provide technical advice
• Provide ongoing, high-level technical leadership (Cloud and on Premise) and align services mission/strategy for customers across multiple TDC service organizations
• Oversee provision of best practice guidance for managing environments and system change activities (e.g., assist with NPARC, upgrades, forklifts, PDCR configuration)
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Service Experience Manager
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU