Director, Program Management – Business Transformation
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204731
Position Title: Project Manager (V)
The Director, Program Management – Business Transformation, is a key leadership role within Teradata’s EPMO (Enterprise Program Office) to provide executive program management, leadership and direction for highly visible, complex strategic initiatives and drive end-to-end cross functional program management and operational excellence, to solve complex business problems that are top-of-mind for our executives. The objective of the EPMO is to formulate long-term strategic priorities and initiatives, define and drive plans, remove barriers to progress, accelerate integration across business functions, and ensure benefit realization. Note: this is not an IT/Technical role; we are seeking individuals with a track record of leading large scale business transformation within an EPMO.
The highly motivated and energetic Director, Program Management will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight across multiple programs, projects, and workstreams, including developing and managing business cases, scope definition, program plans, roadmaps, change management plans, risk management plans, implementing governance, developing program management standards, and driving business process transformation to ensure that Teradata is achieving operational excellence.
The successful candidate will need to be comfortable independently lead problem-solving, driving business decisions in a high pressure and often ambiguous work environment, as well as interfacing and driving results across various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization. He/she will be resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and analytical. He/she exhibits excellent judgement, has relentlessly high standards and a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering high value results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. The ability to influence, negotiate, and coach/mentor project managers as well as develop relationships in a highly matrixed environment is critical.
- Lead, manage, and successfully deliver the cradle to grave definition and execution of the assigned business/technology transformation program including multiple workstreams or projects
- Drive strategic programs from identification and analysis of business issues, formulate perspectives on business changes, align conclusion and drive program implementation with appropriate stakeholders to realize the transformation initiative
- Develop standard lean/program management methodologies, tools and processes, utilizing best practices to achieve operational excellence organization wide
- Applies expertise to significantly influence the future strategy of the PMO function and implement best practices consistent with the current and evolving needs of Teradata
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills to work with senior executives across various geographies
- Possess good working knowledge of technology and software industry; proven leader who thrives in fast-paced, high growth environments
- Excel in all areas of strategy development, including project management, business analysis, problem solving, verbal and written communication, consensus building, and people development
- Manage and mentor project or program managers in a matrixed organization
- Designs and assess business performance metrics and define and implement initiatives to drive improvements using best practices
- Design and manage standard monthly reporting and performs ad hoc and root cause analysis
- Conduct training and workshops of program management processes with stakeholders
- Accountable for communications, change management, and stakeholder engagement plans
- Work closely with internal/external stakeholders to proactively identify and remediate performance, financial, or operational issues
Experience & Education:
- 10+ years in senior leadership role with in large scale, complex, cross functional global business and system transformation project/program/portfolios of $10M or more
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- Six Sigma, Lean, or PMP certification strongly preferred
- Background working with multiple areas of the organization, such as Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Consulting, IT and Finance
- Previous consulting experience as an Engagement Manager or above with a top tier consulting firm desired
- Proven experience leading and working with senior leadership on successful programs, including successfully defining and managing multiple workstreams under an integrated project plan to ensure the alignment of resources
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in facilitating, delegating and motivating cross functional groups or activities
- Experience leading and implementing PMOs, Lean/Six Sigma, or Organizational Change Programs
- Demonstrated skill at building strong working relationships and influencing both internal and external stakeholders at all levels; has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, deadline-oriented, and rapidly changing work environment
- Demonstrable analytical skills using data to derive actionable insights on complex business issues and drive decisions in a business environment
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Program Management – Business Transformation
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US