Ecosystem Sandbox Training Developer, Virtual
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 204714
Position Title: Learning Consultant (IV)
Teradata has developed a cloud-based “Vantage ecosystem sandbox” learning lab environment for our field associates (employees), partners, and customers. They can practice what they have learned and experiment to their heart’s content. This Learning Consultant’s job will be to design and establish the lab infrastructure and environments for hands-on learning by leveraging cloud, virtualization, and container technologies in addition to Teradata Vantage and elements of an analytic ecosystem The lab environments are used in training that is delivered in a broad spectrum of formats including instructor-led, web-based, on-demand, high profile public events, etc. They will also contribute to enhance the sandbox environment capabilities on our roadmap.
What is Vantage? Teradata Vantage is a platform for Pervasive Data Intelligence. The only software of its kind, capable of managing all of the data, all of the time. This technology allows our customers to analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter. Vantage offers full integration with all of their favorite tools and languages, leading analytic engines, and new sources of data to deliver the answers which in turn create better business outcomes.
- Design and develop infrastructure and environments for hands-on learning involving multiple technologies in a Teradata analytic ecosystem that includes our products, cloud platforms, containerization/virtualization, open source and partner technologies.
- Enable environments by incorporating data sets and system environment components for customer or internal events
- Assist other learning associates or field personnel in using the cloud-based sandbox environment
- Participate in projects to extend or enhance the sandbox capabilities
- Assist with monitoring the environment usage and health
- Design creative, engaging hands-on learning experiences that can be utilized just-in-time and provide on-the-job performance support
- Develop assets, such as relevant documentation, quick start guides, quizzes, etc. to supplement and support the hands-on exercises.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify critical objectives and hands-on course activities that the environment will support.
- Demonstrate sandbox exercises, as needed (in-person, virtual, video)
- Support delivery of live hands-on sessions using the environments, especially for high-profile events
- BS or BA degree in computer science, programming, with background in training, communications or other related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of experience –designing / developing hands-on technical training and/or experience with application development in an analytic ecosystem stack; some combination preferred
- Practical experience developing hands-on learning in a complex multi-technology environment preferred
- Knowledge of Adult Learning principles
- Strong time management, communication and writing skills
- Excel in learning quickly, working independently and as part of a cross-functional virtual project team that may include product managers, engineers, consulting experts, and other learning associates
- Ability to travel up to 15%. International travel may be required.
- Experience working with or leading a technical project team for analytic solutions, analytic ecosystem, cloud, big data, open source, data warehouse or large system solutions implementation
- Experience with Teradata systems (or other database or data warehouse environments), understanding of data science principles and analytics practices
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure, VMware, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with PowerShell (Microsoft) and/or CLI (Microsoft and Linux)
- Experience reviewing, creating and editing scripts (batch, shell, python, java, SQL, etc.) to automate tasks, manipulate documents and data sets, and perform API calls
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and processes preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Ecosystem Sandbox Training Developer, Virtual
Job Category: Human Resources
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US