Product Support Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 204713
Position Title: Product Support Engineer I
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Conduct problem triage, trouble shooting and problem analysis on complex incidents that are escalated to GSC.
- Knowledge Management and related activities. Validate Knowledge content for accuracy, relevancy, and currency. Create and maintain Technical Alerts and other related technical artifacts. Create Defect tracking tickets. Lead and/or participate on teams focused on creating technical bulletins, procedures and support processes (Change Templates, FRO bulletins, Service bulletins, Support tools. Development and enhancement of problem scenario reporting rules and associated knowledge.
- Interface into other organizations (internal and external). Ability to maneuver cross-organizationally and demonstrate a high-level of professionalism. Ability to deliver succinct and concise presentations
- Product / problem analysis. Gather data and prepare templates as required for data analysis. Assist senior analyst in completing analysis.
- Mentoring and development of resources as needed
Skills & Attributes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation and team organizational skills
- Strong technical knowledge
- Ability to multi-task simple to complex problem troubleshooting
- Strong analytical abilities
- Experience in high performance computing environments
- BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline
- 2-5 years of Teradata support experience
- Understanding of Teradata product knowledge
- Experience in Teradata database best practices
- Practical knowledge in installation and upgrade processes
- Cultural awareness
- Experience with Java, C, C++, and other programing languages
- Working experience of SUSE LINUX operating systems
Preferred Qualifications (Examples)
- Working experience of SUSE LINUX OS using commandline
- Experience with Teradata upgrade and support tools
- Experience analyzing data
- Closed Loop/Corrective Action experience
- Experience with application programming
- Association with a development environment
- SQL experience
- 24x7 operation may require working alternate shifts or being part of an on-call rotation
- Global organization
- Some travel will be required
- International travel may be required
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Engineer
Job Category: Customer Support
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN