Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204695
Position Title: Project Manager (IV)
Teradata Labs is looking for an Agile Coach who can work with multiple engineering teams to implement the right mix of agile practices. We want someone who is passionate about Agile and Lean methodologies and pushes for continuous improvement [Kaizen]. You must be comfortable working in a fast paced, iterative and fun environment, play the role of coach, help influence teams achieve extraordinary performance.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- BA/BS Math or Computer Science with agile certifications in one or more practices (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban or similar).
- You have a deep passion around agility; ability to unlock the intrinsic motivation, potential of people; help them understand the agile values, principles, mindset behind the practices; bring-in transparency and visibility; help in planning, executing and deploying high quality software on time.
- Strong experience in agile transformation in large, matrix, geographically dispersed and virtual teams; successfully integrating agile approaches across various disciplines and stakeholder groups.
- In the past played the role of a scrum master or a software developer.
- SAFe 4.0 – Scaled Agile certification is a plus; prior experience in rolling out of SAFe is a plus.
- A strong team player, mentor and collaborator. You will work with scrum and program teams to help them improve in needed areas and teach/coach them to run agile practices autonomously and help create high performing teams.
- Influence and drive teams to operate in a fast paced and exciting environment to develop and release high quality product in an iterative and continuous fashion.
- Highly effective communication skills, including interactive listening with proven ability to negotiate across all levels of the program team.
- Strong problem-solving skills; comfortable working with scrum and program teams in distributed locations.
- Overall play the role of a reflective observer, facilitator, mentor, teacher, coach, enabler, partner and hands-on expert as needed.
- Minimum 8 years of program management experience with the last 5 years focused in coaching, implementing and running agile practices with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Hiring in our San Diego, CA or other Teradata locations.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Agile Coach
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US