Senior Corporate Counsel and Assistant Secretary
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204694
Position Title: Corporate & M&A Attorney (VII)
Location: San Diego
The person hired for the position of Senior Corporate Counsel and Assistant Secretary will work as part of the Corporate Law Group that is responsible for the Company’s corporate governance and Board of Director matters, corporate and securities law compliance, and providing comprehensive legal support for Teradata’s investor relations, executive compensation, treasury and financing activities, acquisitions, investments and divestiture activities on a global basis, among other things.
The Senior Corporate Counsel will report to the Chief Corporate Governance Counsel and Secretary, and the principal duties of this position will include general corporate and related activities as outlined below:
- educate and advise internal business stakeholders on relevant corporate governance legal and compliance issues
- support Board of Directors in secretarial functions as Assistant Secretary
- draft and review materials to be provided to the Board of Directors and its committees
- assist with preparation and review of reports filed with the SEC under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including disclosures on Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K, and Section 16 reporting
- lead preparation and review of the Company's annual proxy statement and other materials related to the Company's annual meeting of stockholders
- prepare and advise stakeholders regarding recommended amendments to governing instruments, Board committee charters, and corporate policies
- provide support and counseling specific to executive compensation issues and related legal requirements and best practices, assist with the preparation of executive compensation-related plans, agreements, and related communications
- provide effective legal analysis, counseling, research, drafting, advocacy, negotiations and matter-management related to incentive compensation and equity-related issues and matters
- collaborate with and provide advice and counsel other departments, including Accounting, Investor Relations, Finance, External Reporting, Strategy, Treasury, Tax, and Business Development, on relevant corporate, governance and securities and related matters
- provide effective counseling, drafting, review, and negotiation in support of Teradata’s acquisition, divestiture and corporate transactional activities
- provide training to clients and assist in the development of policies, templates and other best practice-related materials and processes
- develop strong strategic relationships with clients
- perform other duties and responsibilities for the Corporate Law Group as directed
Qualified candidates will have a JD from an ABA-accredited law school and 10+ years of in-house experience. The ideal candidate should have a strong working knowledge of corporate governance matters, executive compensation and securities disclosure requirements with experience supporting technology businesses. The candidate’s experience should also include a proven ability to lead and manage complex and strategic corporate legal, executive compensation and public-company disclosure matters and to execute all facets of challenging transactions from preliminary/conceptual advice, through structuring, due diligence, negotiating, drafting, closing, integration and post-closing, and conflict resolution. The candidate must be a member of the California bar or be eligible to practice as an in-house attorney in California.
CORE COMPETENCIES, ATTRIBUTES, AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, be a consistently productive, hard-working, creative and practical problem solver, and be able to work independently and thrive in a challenging (but supportive and collegial) fast-paced environment. Candidates also must possess excellent oral and written communication skills (including those suitable for interaction with senior managers and executives), a commitment to meeting deadlines and the drive to consistently exceed client expectations. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate an eagerness and ability to perform in an environment where workloads are likely to be heavy, take a “no job is too big or too small” approach to daily activities, possess excellent computer and research skills, be able to work cooperatively with project teams, and be willing to travel occasionally.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Corporate Counsel and Assistant Secretary
Job Category: Legal
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US