Advanced Data Scientist
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN
Requisition Number: 204655
Position Title: PS Consultant (Mid Level)
As the global leader in data warehousing and analytic technologies, Teradata solutions make smart companies smarter. Teradata gives companies the people, technology, innovation and a world-class network of customers and partners enabling them to gain competitive advantage to master their markets. With Teradata, the smartest wins. Learn more at teradata.com
Position Title: Advanced Data Scientist
Industry: Telecom / Banking
Advanced data scientist is responsible for advanced analytics on data from the data warehouse, usually associated with data mining or statistical analysis. This often involves assembling and preparing the data as well as executing the actual analysis to detect patterns for applications such as forecasting, response modeling, fraud detection, segmentation, RM and CRM. Industry specific methods and solutions are used to solve industry specific tasks. The advanced data scientist may be the Lead Consultant on a project.
- Clarify the business problem for the purpose of data analysis.
- Define data mining application requirements.
- Define, build, and verify analytical models.
- Interpret and document the analytical models and results.
- Support clients in scoring analytical models or score models on behalf of the client.
- Deliver a workshop or a presentation to clients on lessons learned from the analysis and model development.
- Train clients on any techniques required for their future use of analytical models.
Flexible to work in office or customer site and to travel across East China when required
- 3-7 years analytic modeling Â experience including at least 3 years continuous experience in relevant industry including telecom and banking
- Should have a strong analytic background, typically in computer science, electronic engineering, applied mathematics and statistics
- Have ability to develop both descriptive and predictive analyses using classical techniques such as logistic regression, decision tree, and clustering and ensemble learning techniques such as random forest, adaboost, and gbdt
- Familiar with deep learning and industry application such as computer vision and natural language processing.
- Experienced in dealing with unstructured data such as text, image, xml, html and video
- In depth knowledge of at least two analytical toolsets in Teradata Warehouse Miner, SAS, Spark MLlib, python scikit-learn, java Weka, R.
- Familiar with SQL
- Can work independently and under hard pressure.
- Learn fast and high interest of pursuing a consulting career
- Good communication skills / great own initiative / strong leadership
- Management experience will be a plus
- Experience in Scoping and Estimations
State: Shanghai Shi
Community / Marketing Title: Advanced Data Scientist
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi CN