Senior ETL Consultant
Location: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG
Requisition Number: 204633
Position Title: PS Consultant (I)
Senior ETL Consultant (m/f/d)
As Senior ETL Consultant you will be involved in the Design, Development and Implementation of data warehouse projects making use of the Teradata technology together with the market-leading solutions in the ETL area (e.g. IBM DataStage, Informatica PowerCenter,...).
You will develop and maintain working relationships with all the stakeholders to ensure client's needs are met.
- Deliver high level consulting services related to the Teradata platform.
- Capture technical requirements.
- Database modeling and design. Including Multidimensional.
- Support the data warehouse design and integration efforts, ETL including data sourcing and transformation, logical/physical modeling, Solution Development and tuning.
- UNIX shell scripting and/or Powershell scripting and Advance SQL.
- Participate in Performance, Integration and System and User Acceptance testing.
- Perform work on time, within scope and with high customer satisfaction.
- Understand professional behavior at a client site.
- Builds relationships with clients, both business and IT.
- Be responsible for planning and undertaking own professional development.
- A deep knowledge of SQL programming is required.
- Knowledge of tools in the ETL area (IBM DataStage, Informatica PowerCenter,...) Applicants are required to refer if they have experience or not in these technologies and the level of it.
- Hands-on experience applying modeling techniques to actual business solutions.
- Experience in Designing, Developing, and Implementing relational databases.
- Testing a Data Warehouse - Ability to prepare for, administer, and validate the results of unit, vendor, component integration, system acceptance, deployment readiness, and user acceptance testing to ensure conformance to business, functional and quality requirements.
- Appreciated general business knowledge in any particular industry.
- Business needs analysis - ability to define client's requirements within the context of their business.
- Ability to prioritize assignments, handle shifting deadlines and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines and manage business expectations
- Information Technology (IT) related degree or equivalent.
- It is required to have at least 3 years of consulting experience in Data Warehouse in areas like Analysis, Design, ETL, Solution Development.
- Previous work experience in large database environments with TERADATA, ORACLE, IBM DB2 or SQL Server.
State: Al Qahirah
Community / Marketing Title: Senior ETL Consultant
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cairo, Al Qahirah EG