Finance Manager, Products and Technology
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204628
Position Title: Financial Planning & Analyst (IV)
The Finance Manager is responsible for delivering a comprehensive monthly outlook, providing clear summary of actual results and partnering with leadership members for full alignment of Teradata’s Cloud Operations and R&D budget.
- Manages Monthly budget from end-to-end process across Teradata Cloud Operations and R&D group, ensuring forecast accuracy.
- Ensures alignment of budget with leadership team members, supporting and challenging as needed.
- Provide clear summaries of deviations of actuals vs. Outlook for Month/QTD/Quarterly with countermeasures identified with Leadership team.
Develop monthly outlook:
- Maintain and enhance monthly outlook process, driving forecast accuracy.
- Partner with Leadership team to ensure bottom-up outlook is realistic and achievable, develop supporting schedules as needed for complex budget.
- Maintain unfunded list for business opportunities and develop recommendations to reallocate funding based on business requirements.
- Monitor monthly trends and provide mid-month updates, signaling any risk to outlook to Leadership team members
- Improve monthly reports for Leadership team and overall department
- Work with team of analysts to maintain robust forecast process
- Develop annual plan based on business requirement for Capital and Operating expenses
- Develop bottom-up headcount plan, assigned with operating expense plan
- Determine allocation methodologies
- Provide Summary and Detailed schedules, presenting annual plan vs. prior year
Process and System Improvements:
- Leverage Hyperion Planning to drive automation of budget process and Investigate additional features/modules to automate or provide better visibility for LT
- Manage integration of Hyperion Planning data to Power BI reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related business disciplines, MBA preferred.
- 8-10 year of relevant experience in Finance, managing budgets. Preferred industry experience in software R&D
- Strong experience driving standardization with processes and documentation
- Knowledge of GAAP, Business Objects, forecasting system such as Hyperion Planning, Oracle, Power BI
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure with short due dates
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Finance Manager, Products and Technology
Job Category: Finance
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US