Learning Technology Senior Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204608
Position Title: Senior Manager, Business Technology
Innovate, streamline, automate, eliminate. Do these sound good to you? If so, this could be the job for you! As the Senior Manager of Learning Technology, you will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining a modern learning environment. From learning development tools to the learning management system. The successful candidate must possess excellent consulting and writing skills, excel at multi-tasking, be personable and feel comfortable speaking and facilitating in a group as well as in a virtual environment. The ideal candidate is innovative and seeks out new approaches.
- Technical expertise across broad range of learning technologies to ensure platforms and infrastructure are in place as required to deliver quality e-learning experience
- Consult with other groups in Learning and departments to support a modern learning environment
- Work closely with Learning Operations Sr. Manager on joint projects
- Oversee learning technology projects (project management)
- Research existing learning opportunities and technologies standard to the industry to eliminate the use of home-grown tools
- Operationalize strategy to support business, learning, and learner requirements
- Establish the importance of Quality Assurance (QA) for all Learning associates
- Standardize Developers on Software Tools that integrate with our environment
- Establish QA direction, values, goals, and metrics
- Investigate issues as they arise and use judgement to select methods and techniques to remedy the problem, leveraging resources both within and outside of the department.
Serve as a player, mentor, and coach to the Learning and Development Team. Will oversee 5 direct reports, who are all virtual, providing support and professional development. Will set priorities and allocate resources as needed to reach objectives of the department and in alignment with overarching company strategy.
- 10+ years of experience in Learning or Operations
- BS or BA degree in business, education, technology or other related discipline
- Strong time management, communication, dialoging, questioning, presentation, consulting, and writing skills
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Practical experience with prioritizing, scoping, and managing multiple projects
- Excels in learning quickly, working independently, and inspiring people to complete tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel to format and present data (pivot tables, filters, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint for developing presentations
- Ability to travel 10 - 20% of the time
- Practical experience implementing learning technology solution/platform
- Practical experience working with IT and other technical groups/resources
- MS or MA in business, education, technology or other related discipline
- Practical experience managing virtual teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Teams as a collaboration tool
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Learning Technology Senior Manager
Job Category: Human Resources
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US