Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 204594
Position Title: Director, Software Engineering
Director of Engineering - Teradata Labs
Teradata is the world's largest company focused on integrated data warehousing, big data analytics, and business applications. Our powerful solutions portfolio and database are the foundation on which we’ve built our leadership position in business intelligence and are designed to address any business or technology need for companies of all sizes
Teradata Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
This position will be located in Hyderabad and will be responsible for leading a team(s) of DevOps Engineers and Performance test engineers to implement and support engineering tool sets used in the CI/CD framework, performance benchmarking, System Integration Testing (SIT), JIRA System maintenance/migration, Test Tools/Harness development/maintenance, development & support of various R&D applications and the support of the underlying infrastructure & services. The candidate will work closely with the leaders and teams in the US and use metrics & data analytics to drive improvements in the integrated tool stack in the CI/CD pipeline, the underlying infrastructure and modernize the R&D applications resulting in optimized and cost effective 7X24X365 support.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Work collaboratively with the US counterpart and lead the team in Hyderabad that implements & supports the integrated tools in the CI/CD pipeline like GitHub Enterprise, Teamcity, Jenkins, Artifactory, Confluence, Crowd, Coverity & Protecode, develops & supports R&D applications (SaaS, COTS and custom) and supports the underlying infrastructure & services.
- Responsible for recruiting/retaining and building world-class DevOps engineering team.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the various support services delivered by the team
- Support the adoption of standard tools across the various product teams and conversion efforts from legacy tools when necessary
- Develop and report on key metrics, indicators and improvements enabling data driven decision making
- Provide technical leadership and direction for diverse and complex internal Engineering Tools/applications for Engg-DevOps, Systems Integration Testing (SIT), Performance Testing, CI/CD tools/systems ensuring timeliness, organizational priorities and SLA’s are met
- Setting directions and thought leadership to build a world class Performance Engineering team on performance testing and benchmarking on Teradata Big Data platform
- Assist with the requirements gathering and testing of latest technologies for offering new services or improving existing services
- Work collaboratively with the global engineering groups and distributed teams to evolve the integrated tools environment as updated technologies become available
- Serve as a project manager, maintains project plans; and report results
- Drive process improvements and ensures that process and procedure changes are documented and communicated
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews and other coaching/counseling to direct reports on a timely basis
Work Environment & Reporting:
This position is located at the Teradata India R&D center location in Hyderabad; a highly technical environment with highly skilled technical associates. This role reports to the VP/GM of Teradata R&D India who is also located in our Hyderabad facility.
Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent hands-on/leadership and rich experiences with Engineering Operations with On-Prem Or Public/Private Cloud related operations; Lead/Built DevOps teams from ground-up.
- Deep technical experience with engineering tools such as Github Enterprise, Jenkins, JIRA, Teamcity, Artifactory, Crowd, Coverity, Protecode etc.
- Broad software and hardware technical experience in the areas Virtualization (VMware), UNIX, Windows, Macintosh, Various flavors of Linux (SUSE, Red Hat, Ubuntu), AWS & Azure public clouds
- Experience with Configuration Management and Automation (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Working knowledge of Linux and Unix
- Experience with Agile methodologies and SaaS
- Proven technical and leadership skills
- Very Good written, verbal and presentation skills
- Very good People management skills, leading ICs (individual contributors) and couple of Engineering Managers
- Excellent problem diagnostic/resolution skills
- Results oriented and keeps quality as priority in Agile/Fail-fast world,
- Passion for improving processes and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Good organizational and time management skills to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Possess the social aptitude to work with geographically distributed and culturally diverse teams
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Information Systems from an accredited college
- 15+ years of experience with software development and operations management in a product development environment
- 5+ years in a people management role in an enterprise environment
- Need to possess effective communication & leadership skills
- Experience with administering and managing various engineering tools
- Solid foundation on network, servers, storage, virtualization in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of software development processes build/version control tools
- Must have knowledge of software development methodologies, direct Agile development experience
- Experience with ServiceNow or a similar enterprise level Service management tool
- Experience with scripting languages: Python, Perl, Linux shell
- Experience with Java/Other programming
- Knowledge of SQL and RDBMS
- Knowledge of container management/virtualization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing is a plus
- Experience working in Hybrid cloud environments is a plus
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Director
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN