Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204559
Position Title: Engineer (III)
Teradata is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer who will: perform engineering and operations related duties including installation, customization, documentation, debugging and performance tuning on complex projects with system-wide ramifications. You will also act as an area expert on special projects, assisting with the adoption of new technology and creating and refining best-practices. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer designs and develops IT infrastructure solutions to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Drive both project success and client satisfaction by communicating flawlessly, delivering to commitments, recognizing and managing risks and issues, aligning clients and teams to best practices, solving problems, encouraging innovation and providing thought leadership.
- Oversee the administration of Teradata’s enterprise operating systems and servers, providing architecture and oversight of our managed service provider to deliver upgrades when necessary, monitoring system performance and completing capacity planning
- Guide all aspects of core server and operating system (Windows, Linux -RedHat, SUSE and Solaris) infrastructures
- Provide direction regarding virtualization and cloud infrastructure
- Create and maintain team standards and strategy for special projects involving server virtualization and operating system technologies
- Develop and manage configuration management processes
- Maintains CMDB for areas within scope
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ years of experience with UNIX or Linux system administration (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Suse)
- 7+ years of experience with Windows system administration (Windows 2003,2008,2012 and 2016)
- Technical knowledge and experience with a large Windows and Linux server environments
- Technical knowledge and experience with large VMware conventional and hyperconverged virtual environments
- Experience working with Configuration Management tools (Chef, Ansible, etc)
- Thorough understanding of DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP Networking
- Working knowledge of DELL/EMC storage technologies (Standalone storage solutions as well as Hyperconverged)
- Experience working with Dell and Cisco UCS servers
- Knowledge of enterprise solutions and architectures, e.g. cloud, virtualization, storage, networking, clustering, and high availability.
- Bachelors Degree. Business, MIS, or equivalent experience
- Both on premise and cloud operations experience
- Windows Certifications
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), VMware VCP, AWS or ITIL certifications are a plus.
- Familiarity with data center support functions: monitoring, backup, scheduling, and patching
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US