Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 204500
Position Title: Software Architect (IV)
COME AND JOIN THE BIG DATA REVOLUTION
We are looking to hire a Test Architect to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Teradata’s Aster team.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too, if you love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune we have more than 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sounds appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CSE/ECE/IT or any core engineering, with more than 15 years of software engineering development experience. Candidate must have at least 4 years of engineering management experience. File systems and storage exposure with Kernel work is highly desirable
Role & Responsibilities
• Responsible for test architecture of SQL Engine product and Backup and Restore product enhancements, quality and release activity.
• Work with Product Management, software architects and designers, engineering managers, release managers related other scrum teams to establish test strategy, test plans and quality metrics.
• Designing test environments and test data creation
• Review of the product enhancement feature and design specifications and interdependencies
• Tracking and reporting product quality reports from feature and release perspectives
• Setting standards and process improvements with all stake holders for quality deliverables.
• Previous test architecture experience – strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Understanding and designing test frameworks for test automation and testing and technology trends
• Defining and measuring quality standards and metrics of the associated products
• Proven experience on different types of testing including functional, security, stress etc.
• Working experience in Agile Software Development with exposure to test driven development
• Passionate about testing and quality
• Testing experience in database and/or data analytics product releases
• Good fundamentals in Software Engineering, software testing in storage/file systems/database internals.
• Experience with multi-threading, multi-processing parallel software development or testing on Linux operating systems. Cloud exposure is an advantage.
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Test Architect
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN