Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204497
Position Title: Software Systems Engineer (II)
Teradata is currently hiring a Desktop Engineer to join our Information Technology Service Operations team. This position will primarily function supporting the company’s San Diego employees. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work with the leader in data warehousing technology. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
In this role you must have a mastery level of knowledge supporting, managing, and implementing Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS .
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Creates and maintains standard desktop configurations and assist with the creation of automated software packages to ensure the enterprise desktop systems can be supported and patched.
- Maintains the control and process environment for the organization’s gold standard operating system image library ensuring client configuration integrity, controlled access and incremental versioning.
- Performs administration of software distribution, application and security patch management, desktop security, remote support and other enterprise desktop management, monitoring and troubleshooting utilities.
- Assists with documenting and maintaining desktop security standard configurations that support organizational security policies.
- Performs administration of the Trend Micro Anti-Virus platform.
- Creates technical documentation as required.
- Analyzes problems and recommends hardware and software solutions as needed to address an issue or to support projects and Teradata initiatives. Seeks appropriate authority and approval for purchases.
- Supports the client system testing environment for evaluating desktop hardware, operating systems, hosted applications, service packs and patches, security configurations and image deployment. Schedules and reports on the execution of the testing and validation effort as part of a formal release management process.
- Performs system administration of the enterprise desktop asset management software tools.
- Collaborates with the Service Desk and ITS Teams in the documentation and implementation of the processes and procedures for software and hardware asset information for the enterprise desktop environment. This inventory provides management with an accurate inventory of hardware, operating systems and respective licensing, applications and respective licenses.
- Develops reports that provide insight and analysis of desktop software license usage, software and hardware compliance, operating systems and hosted application software distribution.
- Prepares, tests and releases software application and security updates to production using Teradata’s end point management tools (LanDesk).
- Maintains current knowledge of solutions available to perform software distribution, inventory, monitoring, updates and ongoing maintenance for the organization’s client system environment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves client hardware and software related issues in coordination with other members of the IT Technology groups and users.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you'll need:
- Exceptional customer Service Skills
- MS certifications such as MCSE, MCSA, and MCITP
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 10 operating systems
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Apple Remote Desktop
- Excellent knowledge of software and applications, including Microsoft Office, Office 365, enterprise-level Anti-Virus & Web filtering
- A minimum of 3 years of experience providing technical support directly to users
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex hardware and software problems
- Experience working in an SLA driven environment
- Experience supporting PC’s in a Windows Active Directory environment
- A bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent
- MCSE Desktop Infrastructure
- Network certifications such as Network +, CCNA or similar
- Certification in ITIL
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of project management methodology
- Good time management skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Desktop Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US