Software Developer (Japanese speaking)
Location: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH
Requisition Number: 204486
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (II)
Software Developer (Japanese-speaking)
Software Developer (Japanese-speaking) enable the effective delivery of software development projects that require a non-English language as the primary language within the enterprise data warehousing and analytics space. They must be adept at communicating and interacting with all the stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, and also able to coach the non- Japanese speaking members of the offshore team for them to be able to communicate and interact effectively. They are expected to be “T-shaped” professionals who have a broad understanding of software development in the enterprise data warehouse and analytics space, can fluently speak Nihongo and have skills in performing any of the following roles:
- Business Intelligence Development using Power BI, Microstrategy, Tableau, Pentaho or Webfocus
- Software Development using C, C#, VB.NET,Python, R, SQL, Spark, Hadoop, Java or SAS, Angular/TypeScript/React/JQuery/ASP.NET MVC,XLM(Schema),XSLT
- Web Application Architecture Designer (Transfer from C/S model, Flash)
- Software testing, both manual and automated
- Big Data Processing using Hadoop and related software
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Facilitate discussions between the offshore team, account team and client
- Coach offshore team in effectively communicating with the account team and the client by raising awareness on business culture and supporting the team in enhancing their fluency in the required language
- Deliver technical work in their engineering specialization
- Participate in requirements and design discussions
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements.
- Develop project deliverable documentation
- Participate in sizing and estimating new projects, as well as supporting new business development
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led and web based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 6 months experience working with a Japanese team
- Ability to speak/read/write in Nihongo fluently; JLPT N3 certification is a plus
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- At least 2 years experience in SQL, relational database design and methods
- Experience with Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in Enterprise Data Warehousing is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and self-motivate
- Quickly adapt in a fast pace environment
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
City: TAGUIG CITY
State: National Capital Region
Community / Marketing Title: Software Developer (Japanese speaking)
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH