Senior Java Engineer
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 204481
Position Title: Software Engineer (IV)
Teradata Analytics Applications is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer capable of building the next generation architecture to empower Teradata’s “Best of Breed” enterprise applications portfolio. The Senior Software Engineer will design and implement cutting-edge, scalable and high-performing web applications to ensure that our systems’ performance and reliability exceeds our customers’ expectations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams that include product owners, and front-end, back-end, and quality engineers to conceptualize, build, test and ship software solutions for the next generation of enterprise applications
- Design and build quality, high-performing and secure multi-tier web applications capable of handling large amounts of data
- Drive technical direction of implementations as well as providing guidance to the overall development organization
- Perform complex code modification, testing and debugging and be able to solve challenging scalability and integration problems
- Proven experience designing and implementing high performing, scalable, and secure multi-tier web applications.
- Expert knowledge in Java as well as experience with building applications using technologies such as Spring Boot and JPA
- Understanding of application monitoring and security best practices
- Extensive experience in creating RESTful web services using Spring MVC
- Experience with modeling relational data and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with development on a microservice architecture is preferred
- Experience developing applications or services that run within containers as well as running containers in a production-like environment is preferred
- Experience using continuous integration stacks and java dependency management and build tools such as Artifactory, Maven, Gradle, JIRA, GIT, Bamboo/Jenkins etc
- 8+ years Java development experience in a highly transparent Agile organization, with iterations, continuous integration and a drive for quality
- B.S. or M. S. in Computer Science or related field
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Java Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US