Data Engineer (Mandarin speaking)
Location: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH
Requisition Number: 204471
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (II)
Data Engineer (Mandarin-speaking)
Data Engineers define the architecture and design of data ingestion and ETL / ELT processing to meet functional and non-functional requirements and objectives. They are broadly aligned with the Data Acquisition & Integration sub-practice, although some may be aligned instead with the Testing, Tools & Methods sub-practice. Data Engineers will generally be expected to be “T-shaped” professionals who have a broad understanding of the data acquisition and integration space and to be able to weigh the pros and cons of different architectures and approaches.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Clarify the client’s business problem for data analysis.
- Participate in requirements and design workshops with our clients.
- Translate the business requirements into technical requirements.
- Design and develop code, scripts, and data pipelines that leverage structured and unstructured data.
- Develop project deliverable documentation
- Must be adept at sizing and estimating new projects, as well as supporting new business development
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led and web based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experienc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin and English
- At least 2 years experience with SQL, relational database design and methods
- Experience with Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in ETL development and Data Integration/Warehousing is a plus
- Knowledge in different programming or scripting languages like Java, C++, PHP, Ruby, and/or Python is a plus
- Experience with large data sets consisting of structured and unstructured data and associated metadata and distributed computing with Teradata, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Pig, etc. is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and self-motivate.
- Quickly adapt in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
City: TAGUIG CITY
State: National Capital Region
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer (Mandarin speaking)
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH