Location: Moscow, Moskva RU
Requisition Number: 204446
Position Title: Engagement / Delivery IV
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, monitoring, and directing Teradata projects for a data warehouse or to implement a solution meeting agreed client requirements and expected Teradata business results. The Project Manager requires excellent written and good spoken English skills; including being able to conduct business communication in English language. The Project Manager may lead a single project or oversee multiple smaller sub-projects. The Project Manager manages Teradata employees and third-party contractors to ensure projects meet established time, cost, technical, and quality objectives. The Project Manager supports projects beginning in the pre-contract sales process and will manage them through closeout. The Project Manager may be supported by additional Project Managers, and/or Lead Consultants. As this is a customer-facing role it is essential that project managers have very strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Project Planning and Organizing - Define project scope, estimate time, cost, and resources requirements. Plan project according to advocated Teradata PM Methodology. Assess project risk, develop risk mitigation strategies, and support the sales team to develop contracts and project pricing.
- Managing Project Implementation - Manage all aspect of post-sale implementation of a project.
- Coaching - Provide timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge and skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Business Needs Analysis - Ability to define the client's requirements within the context of their business. Ability to assess the opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of a potential solution.
- Decision-Making - Ability to use logical sound judgment and experience to determine the appropriate course of action based on scenario, procedures, and guidelines, for a given situation.
- Problem-Solving - Gather and use information needed to develop effective solutions to difficult problems or situations.
- Facilitation and Meeting Management - Guide the activities of an individual, group, or team toward a desired result or outcome. Drive consensus and team ownership of decisions.
- Influencing Others - Ability to assert ideas and persuade others to commit action.
- Conflict Management and Negotiation - Ability to come to sound agreements with counterparts in business or organizational situations where there is disagreement or differences in interest.
- Procurement/Supplier Management - Estimate, plan, and manage the work of subcontractors and other external project resources. Develop and manage subcontracting agreements.
- Requirements Analysis and Management - Ability to systematically identify, document, and manage project requirements. Tracing the requirements from source through implementation and verification and controlling all requirements and scope change.
- System/Technology Integration - Ability to identify and bring together a variety of technologies to deliver a complete information system that supports operational and management objectives.
- Testing a Data Warehouse - Ability to prepare for, administer, and validate the results of unit, vendor, component integration, system acceptance, deployment readiness, and user acceptance testing to ensure conformance to business, functional, and quality requirements
- University graduate in IT or related subject, or business degree with some IT content
- PM certification
- 5 years of managing complex IT implementations with project value $100K upwards
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Strong skills in written and spoken English, native Russian
- Experience in the implementation of data warehouse/ BI projects is essential.
- Experience of project implementations in the core industries of retail banking and/or telecommunications is strongly preferred, but other industry experience will be considered
- Understanding of BI tools, practical experience with SAP BI and SAS is preferable
- Experience in SW development and implementation is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Project Manager
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Moscow, Moskva RU