Senior Pricing Analyst, EMEA
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204436
Position Title: Pricing Analyst (III)
Are you an early bird?
This position will support our EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Africa), but will be located at our Headquarters in San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo). You can expect early morning meetings (PST) to accommodate your internal customers.
As a member of Teradata's Deal Desk, you will have the opportunity to excel in the role of Pricing Analyst as you work with the EMEA Sales team on bid and P&L development. The Pricing Analyst details the pricing and P&L analysis for these deals, utilizing Teradata’s Pricing Tools, and provides vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management on product alternatives, pricing options, competition, and price negotiation techniques. You will run bid reviews and provide and secure bid approval as required. On a day-to-day basis, you will help the Geo VP and Sales management to win business and increase profitability by providing information, analysis and recommendations. You will work cross-functionally with the Sales, Planning, Revenue Recognition, Product Management and other functions across the company.
- Support a Teradata Sales organization -- a VP, Assistant VPs and their sales teams
- Evaluate bid pricing and terms & conditions, identify risks and options and offer recommendations to sales management.
- Provide price structuring & scenario analysis relevant to sales strategy
- Provide general pricing advice and business consulting and accounting advice for sales teams and GEO VP
- Interact on Deal Desk projects and present to Teradata LT Members
- Improve and Create processes and tools used by the Deal Desk organization to improve efficiencies and user experience
- Assure that Teradata’s Governance Policy is appropriately applied to all transactions
- Understand data analytics technology and competitor products and tactics
- Participate in many aspects of sales-oriented activities including participation on customer calls and visits with the sales team as needed
- Participate and provide input to account planning sessions
- Consolidate opportunity pricing & prepare revenue recognition analysis for major bids
- Coordinate bid reviews with appropriate levels of management
- Work within Salesforce to complete Deal Sheets and submit for approvals
- Ensure that appropriate levels of approval have been obtained at region and corporate level for all bids as determined by corporate policies.
- Capture and report bid results and metrics
- Gather and disseminate general product pricing information
- Monitor price & cost changes, and other product information as it impacts deals
- Provide opportunity & competitive feedback to EMEA region/corporate level pricing
- Bachelors degree, Minimum 2 years related work experience or college new hire with Internship experience in Finance
- Strong capability in Excel, PowerPoint and other windows applications
- Demonstrated analytical/financial skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience.
- Self-directed individual
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work closely with multiple functional areas to achieve desired outcomes
- strong communication skills (written and spoken English)
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives.
- Knowledge of web based applications, sales support tools, or other modern programming languages
- Experience in Finance, Technology, or Sales-support function
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing / Analytics and Cloud
- Additional language skills such as French, Spanish, German, Russian, etc is a plus but not required
- MBA, prior Pricing, Solution Architect, or Financial experience
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Pricing Analyst, EMEA
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US