Location: Prague, Praha CZ
This position is no longer open.
Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (I)
Ready for the adventure of your career? Join Teradata Global Delivery Centre (GDC) in Prague, Czech Republic and start your career as Database Administrator. The Managed Services department of the GDC in Prague is providing its services to the largest and most sophisticated data warehouse (DWH) projects across EU as for example in Germany, France, Benelux, etc.
We are looking for database administrators to perform database and system administration, providing SQL optimization, performance tuning of systems and monitoring of daily ETL jobs.
As Teradata Database Administrator, you will:
- Perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of Database and OS Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting for customers
- Support and monitor ETL jobs
- Incident handling and troubleshooting
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Experience with databases and SQL (e.g. Teradata, Oracle)
- Linux/UNIX administration and shell scripting knowledge (at least basic)
- Willingness to relocate and work from Prague (Czech Republic)
- Readiness to work in shifts (no night shifts)
- Proficient English language plus French is desirable
Ideal candidates have these additional skills:
- Understanding of/interest in DWH architecture and ETL concepts
- Understanding of data archive/restore processes and policies
- Skills with monitoring, error handling and issue tracking
- Knowledge of another European Language (e.g.: French, German)
What we offer:
- World-class technical training within Teradata University
- Every new hire gets a detailed training plan containing 2 weeks on-site training about Teradata architecture
- Language courses (Czech, German)
- Relocation bonus (if coming to Prague from abroad)
- 25 days of holiday a year
- Private medical care
- Meal vouchers in amount of 110 CZK/ day (Teradata contributes 83 CZK/day)
- Company’s contribution for the Pension fund (up to 3% of monthly gross salary)
- Life insurance
- Company’s assistance in case of sickness (25% of your gross base salary) in addition to local regulations
- Employee referral program (4,000$ USD)
- Sports and activities membership program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Contribution of 300$ USD for a mobile phone of your choice (every 2 years)
Community / Marketing Title:
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Prague, Praha CZ