Staff Software Engineer – Provisioning Automation
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204390
Position Title: Engineer (IV)
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data analytics and discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data analytics and discovery technology to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
Teradata Labs is looking for Software/DevOps Engineers to work in our Teradata IntelliCloud group.
In this role, you will be responsible for design, development, and operations for the provisioning automation services for IntelliCloud HW/SW environments. Along with a systemic discipline we are also looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
• You will design, develop, and operate provisioning automation services for hardware and software within IntelliCloud environments.
• You will integrate capabilities delivered in conjunction with various IntelliCloud and Teradata engineering teams.
• Metric driven and focused on continual improvement
• Decompose manual workflows, and design/implement automation solutions
• Design/implement self service experiences
• Automation is in your DNA – not satisfied with performing repeatable work
Required Skills and Experience:
Key Skills – Subject Matter Expertise:
• Java, Spring, Rest API.
• SQL, Hibernate
Preferred Skills – Nice to have or willing to learn:
• Docker, Kubernetes
• CI/CD, Jenkins
• Bash scripting
• Knowledge of Teradata hardware and software preferred
• Comfortable working with cross functional teams
• Self-driven, motivated
• Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field plus 5 years progressive post-baccalaureate experience. Alternatively, a Master’s in Computer Science or related field plus 3 years professional software engineering experience.
• 5+ years of relevant job experience
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer – Provisioning Automation
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US