Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204383
Position Title: Engineer (II)
Teradata is looking for a Software Engineer I to be part of the BAR Quality and Solutions group in Teradata’s Data Platform Organization. The BAR Quality and Solutions team drives quality improvement within Teradata. Quality improvement activities include solving problems, corrective action, process automation, defect management, managing process and system issues. This role will report to the Senior Manager in the BAR Quality and Solutions team and part of Teradata’s Data Platform Organization.
- Establish Quality practices inside the Teradata’s BAR Quality and Solutions team
- Design and automate highly available software in large distributed and virtual environments
- Metric driven and focused on continual improvement
- Comfortable working with distributed teams
- Strong expertise in leveraging a wide variety of open source technologies
- Automation is in your DNA
Skills and Experience:
- Code/scripting skills in Linux and/or Unix environment
- Knowledge of software development, deployment and testing methodologies
- Familiarity with one or more Containerization tools such as Vagrant, Docker or LXC
- Experience working with one or more Test and Build systems such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Maven, or Ant
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US