Director, Human Resources
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204374
Position Title: HR Director (I)
Teradata is seeking a Global HR Business Partner (HR Director) to lead our efforts within the Americas Go-To-Market (GTM) and Global Sales Operations teams to build a high-performance organization by driving key initiatives that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of "what great HR looks like" and how business cycles influence the people agenda.
Through strategic leadership, this role will design, drive, and ultimately deliver on the HR strategy. The role is responsible for championing and executing human capital programs and initiatives while helping to catalyze ongoing growth and transformation for the organization. The human resources leader is both a strategic and hands-on role including improving organizational effectiveness & design, leading change management, providing leadership coaching and driving HR functional excellence.
You will provide leadership and build, adapt, and drive HR programs that are sustainable and agile. You will apply critical thinking, sound judgment, and analytical curiosity to ensure successful business outcomes. It is critical that you possess strong knowledge and design skills in change management, organizational design, team dynamics, and coaching senior management talent.
In addition, a successful candidate will:
- Play an integral role with the business leadership teams for the Americas GTM and Global Sales Ops organizations within Teradata, maintaining the credibility and business knowledge to be consulted and to contribute to overall business decisions proactively. Consult on goal alignment, interpretation of strategy into goal setting and building commitment to goals.
- Partner with the leaders to enhance organizational effectiveness, develop change management capabilities and drive decision-making based on people analytics data and research. Effectively analyze data, trends and use the data to advise and drive outcomes for the organizations.
- Act as a trusted advisor, coach, and consult with senior leaders to improve their leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance. Champion people programs and initiatives by applying them to real business challenges and guiding leaders to fully contribute and maximize benefits to their own strategy.
- Establish, develop, and lead HR strategies to create a strong sense of organizational culture to support employee engagement and retention.
- Champion Talent Ecosystem initiatives, including the selection process for leadership roles and their onboarding; conduct talent reviews, evaluate and consult on development planning, succession planning, Strategic Workforce Planning, Performance Management, career development, employee engagement, etc.
- Lead full-cycle organization design and analysis, including organization assessments, structure, talent risk mitigation, job design, and talent placement
- Lead Organizational Unit’s total rewards strategy, compensation alignment and implementation; including annual LT compensation planning and oversight that ensures alignment of compensation philosophy across the BU/Function.
- Partner with internal HR COEs such as Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Learning & Development, Compensation and Global HR Delivery to address issues and develop comprehensive strategies at the organizational level.
- Manages Complexity: Make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Business Insight: Understand drivers of organization’s business strategies and how to translate them into key HR initiatives.
The Key Experiences You’ve Had:
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience as an HR Business Partner or HR COE leader in large organizations; High tech or professional services industry experience preferred
- Experience supporting a sales, go-to-market, consulting, professional services, or similar client group
- Proven track record of helping high-growth organizations scale and build talent
- Experience designing and delivering highly-effective offsite and strategic planning sessions to enable business effectiveness.
- Facilitate, co-facilitate, or enable Senior HR Generalists to work with leaders to drive change
What we offer you!
- The newly renovated Teradata HQ in San Diego boasts one of the best office spaces the city has to offer, including, a state-of-the-art gym with classes daily, a juice bar, coffee shop, on-site cafeteria, panoramic city and mountain views, basketball courts, ample outdoor sitting space, and so much more!
- Total Rewards: We are proud to offer a competitive base pay plus incentive compensation, comprehensive benefit programs, unlimited time-off, 401k matching, and an employee stock purchase program.
- The opportunity to work with brilliant people in an environment of significant transformation where everyone has the freedom to drive change and make an impact.
- Be a part of the world's leading company in a space that will define our future!
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Human Resources
Job Category: Human Resources
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US