Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204370
Position Title: Planning Analyst (III)
In this position, you will partner with an area of the business as a financial expert, providing monthly and quarterly financial analysis, quarterly outlook, annual and long-range plan development, management reporting, and other general financial planning activities.
You will collect, prepare, analyze and present financial data, highlighting operating results for use in business review, planning, reporting and monthly outlook processes.
Develop Monthly Outlook
- Work closely with operating management to develop outlook P&L
- Review outlook against results for validation of achievability
- Review risk in outlook and determine how to reduce risk
- Develop contingency plans as needed
- Provide Senior management with timely, relevant and actionable financial and operational reporting and forecasting
- Provide ongoing intra-month updates
Strategic Long Range Plan (SLRP)
- Review historical results to determine future trends
- Operationalize long-range plan
- Determine hiring implications for meeting plan parameters
- Develop plan P&L and Capital plan
- Develop headcount plan aligned with expense plan
- Determine calendarization and allocation methodologies
- Perform gap analysis and consolidation
- Apply Accounting changes
- Complete/load/submit plan template
Process & System Improvements
- Review strengths and weaknesses of planning processes and tools
- Prioritize improvements based on planning cycle
- Improve the planning process through automation or eliminating non-value add activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related business discipline.
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in Finance or Finance-related specialties, cross functional projects.
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education or work experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of Business Objects, Hyperion, Oracle
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure and due dates
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US