Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204345
Position Title: Quality Engineer (III)
Teradata QueryGrid team intersects all of our analytic technologies in order to help Teradata extend its traditional Data Warehouse lead along with integrating the best data sources and analytic engines available into a common Analytical Ecosystem where the data lives and moves seamlessly through the environment for analytic processing. Be at the forefront of this Big Data Evolution and help Teradata solve the biggest and hardest data management challenges from many of the largest companies in the world in order to easily leverage big data for big ideas. Teradata QueryGrid won Best in Biz Award, voted ‘Most Innovative Product of the Year’ in 2015. You can learn more at http://www.teradata.com/Teradata-QueryGrid.
The QueryGrid Engineering Team is seeking a highly motivated SDET to develop tests for our QueryGrid product. As a QueryGrid test engineer you will be exposed to test development in Python working with many database technologies including Teradata Vantage, Oracle, Presto, Hadoop and Spark both on premise and in the cloud. You will sharpen your Python programming, automation, and database skills as you ensure quality product releases.
Your Business Objectives would include:
- Work independently and with other team members of a very strong test development team on challenging feature test development.
- Test case design, development/coding, execution and analysis.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure deep understanding of features, critically analyze requirements and design, and produce feature rich test cases.
- Become familiar with all QueryGrid Connectors and apply your experience to enhance our Teradata, Hive, Presto, Spark, or Oracle connector test suites.
- Defect management through standard tools and process.
Experience, skills, and knowledge requirements:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 8 years related experience.
- Passion for QA, test development, and test automation including end-to-end deployment automation
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience in software development including a minimum 4 years’ experience programming in an Object-Oriented Language (Java, Python).
- Experience with database technologies. Must be able to demonstrate basic understanding of database fundamentals and SQL programming.
- Familiarity writing automated tests in high level languages for complex applications.
- Ability to craft well-designed Python scripts and Linux shell scripts.
- Ability to review design specifications, define appropriate testing strategies, and write test plans for complex software systems.
- Linux system administration and knowledge of Linux tools and utilities; experience diagnosing server processes or applications using Linux-based tools.
- Good understanding and experience using JSON and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with version control systems (GitHub, Subversion).
- Experience with Teradata and Hadoop technologies a plus.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US