Business Research Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204329
Position Title: Product Manager (I)
Business Research Analyst
The Business Research Analyst role on our Customer & Market Intelligence team within the Product & Technology organization will be tasked with gathering, analyzing, and presenting competitive, customer, and market trend research from a wide range of sources. Your work will serve the critical purpose of answering the company’s most important strategic question: “Where should we prioritize our investments to help grow and drive our business?” This is an opportunity to identify and investigate key competitive threats; collaborate cross-functionally; and investigate, understand, and make strategic sense of rapidly changing technology trends in the data analytics space.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Extremely Fast Learner – Teradata employs very smart people who work on very tough problems; you should already understand data analytics technology and concepts, and be excited to dive deeper from there
- Technologically Curious – Teradata is all about leveraging data analytics to solve companies’ biggest challenges; that idea should fascinate you
- Self-motivated and Independent – We are just like a start-up; we’re running a mile a minute and everyone is working on something high priority. You won’t be micromanaged and will be asked to execute tasks, at a high level, with minimal guidance.
- Analytical – Making sense of market trends, assessing competitive landscapes, and soliciting and understanding customer needs requires an analytical and organized frame of mind.
- Quantitative – You understand what it means to be quantitative and practice that mindset every day. You know your way around an Excel pivot table or a regression model. Bonus points for any advanced analytics background or experience.
- Communication & Collaboration – This role has extremely high levels of exposure across the organization and with our customers and partners as well; it’s critical that you have excellent communication skills and know how to collaborate in team environments effectively. You should be a skilled user of PowerPoint.
Other Interesting Work You’ll Do:
- Analyze customer behavior trends, competitive landscape, and market dynamics across all solutions in an offering portfolio
- Conduct primary and secondary research across customers (e.g., buyer, end-user, and IT administrator), analysts, and partners to better understand market needs.
- Develop financial models to quantify potential opportunity, profitability, or pricing scenarios across offerings and markets.
- Leverage data to develop competitor profiles including SWOT analysis.
- Articulate market and competitor findings internally Manager Research / Product Managers to influence key business decisions and go-to-market plans.
- Help build materials for press/analysts and references for industry/customer referrals.
- Support training in planning continuous learning programs for sales team and partners, and creating training assets and tools.
- Permanent US Resident
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of relevant post-undergraduate work experience; preferably in a strategic consulting or banking analyst role
- Multiple examples of demonstrated achievement of excellence in your career and education
- Expert working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and Powerpoint. Other Business Intelligence, Statistical and Reporting tools (SAS, R, Tableau, etc) are a plus
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
- Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Business Research Analyst
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US