Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 204323
Position Title: Sr Manager, Software Engineering
COME AND JOIN THE BIG DATA REVOLUTION
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Teradata’s DSA team.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too, if you love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune we have more than 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sounds appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CSE/ECE/IT or any core engineering, with more than 15 years of software engineering development experience. Candidate must have at least 4 years of engineering management experience. File systems and storage exposure with Kernel work is highly desirable
Role & Responsibilities
• Responsible for development and delivery of DSA product enhancements, quality and release activity. DSA is our backup and restore solution
• Work with Product Management, Architects and designers, related other scrum teams to establish concepts, dependencies and project priorities.
• Management of team members including setting objectives, reviewing performance, talent management and establishing a positive working environment.
• Plan, track and report development activities with emphasis on quality, schedule, content and productivity.
• Manage program risks, defects, and issues with action plans; develop contingency plans for schedule slips and project issues.
• Aware of developing market trends, and state-of-the-art technology
• Previous supervisory experience – strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to effectively deal with challenging situations, setting up and managing expectations
• Motivate and build a high performance software development team
• Ability to concisely and effectively communicate complex concepts
• Ability to lead, plan and manage multiple competing complex projects with strong sense of ownership
• Working experience in Agile Software Development with strong data driven management approach
• Good fundamentals in Software Engineering (Data Structures, Algorithms) , software development in storage/file systems/database internals.
• Experience with multi-threading, multi-processing parallel software development on Linux operating systems. Cloud exposure is an advantage.
• Experience in being a part of and/or managing an engineering development team in technology space would be highly desirable
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Sr.Engineering Manager
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN