Senior Director, Competitive Intelligence and Benchmarking
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204277
Position Title: Sr Dir, Competitive Intelligence
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transforming finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for an experienced technical leader to drive a team that drives competitive market intelligence. The qualified candidate will be responsible for managing a team that conducts competitive benchmarking, performs strategic proof of concepts, and benchmarks our technology compared to major competitive technologies.
As Senior Director of Competitive Intelligence and Benchmarking you will have the opportunity to build best-in-class competitive intelligence, benchmarking, and sales execution capabilities that enable Teradata to proactively leverage the strengths of our Vantage analytics platform and exploit competitor’s weaknesses to win more deals faster.
- Guide and assist our global sales team on how to conduct successful benchmarks
- Develop a standard, automated benchmark frameworks upon which Teradata and major competitors are analyzed based on criteria like ease of use, performance, scalability, concurrency, functionality, analytical ecosystem fit
- Drive competitive positions, programs, playbooks, and new product responses
- Partner with our Engineering, Product Management, and Pricing organizations to communicate and assimilate key findings into our product and pricing strategies
- Communicate regularly with our Extended Leadership Team and Competitive Advisory Group
- Assess and respond to new competitive technologies and product introductions or enhancements
Required Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix environment
- 10+ years of experience with analytics, SQL, and performance testing/benchmarking
- Ideally, experience managing a Competitive Response Team
- 5+ years of experience with analytics or cloud-based platforms
- Experience working in large scale Infrastructure environments
- In-depth understanding of cloud-based platforms including Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Microsoft Azure, and Google BigQuery
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for winning and has a “challenger” mindset
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike
- Ability to successfully collaborate with all functions across the entire company
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Director, Competitive Intelligence and Benchmarking
Job Category: Marketing
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US