Location: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH
Requisition Number: 204257
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (II)
- The AWS Administrator is responsible for the engineering of business and technical solutions in support of data warehouse leveraging AWS
- Delivery responsibilities in the areas of cloud network administration, security administration, instantiation, provisioning, optimizing the environment, third party software support.
- Supporting the onsite teams with migration from On premise to Cloud for customers
- Implementing security best practices, and analyzing the partner compatibility
- Manage and support 24x7 AWS environments for multiple customers
- Devise and implement security, operations best practices
- Implementing development, production environment for data warehousing cloud environment
- Backup, Archive and Recovery planning and execution of the cloud-based data warehouses
- Throughput monitoring, load balancing, improving the overall system health by optimizing the key AWS resources
- Enable third party products with data warehouse on AWS
- Administer key aspects of client’s AWS cloud infrastructure including the underlying compute and storage components.
- Manage users, directories, access rights, disk space, and processes.
- Monitor system and resource alerts, resource utilization and resource contention to support a highly available environment.
- Utilize CloudWatch to collect and track metrics, collect and monitor log files, set alarms, and automatically react to changes in your AWS resources.
- Administer the deployed security controls to manage user access using AWS IAM
- Provide regular updates to the Operations Manual as required
- IT or Engineering degree
- Minimum 6 years of IT experience
- Minimum 3 years of AWS hands-on experience.
- Working experience in writing Shell Scripts
- Working experience in Linux administration
- Working experience on any of the RDBMS like Oracle//DB2/Netezza/Teradata/Others.
- Must be willing to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis with the team.
- Must be willing to travel – both short-term and long-term
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Good presentation skills
- Good team player
- Hands on experience with AWS and strong understanding of AWS capabilities and limitations
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Dynamo DB, EMR, VPC, Direct Connect, CloudWatch, Redshift, RDS, Glacier, ELB, etc.
- Working experience with setting up environment using Cloud Formation templates (CFT’s) will be added advantage.
- Should have experience in Enterprise VPN and Amazon VPC integration with data center
- Should have experience in using AWS APIs and building automation scripts invoking the APIs
- Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS along with Private, Public and Hybrid Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with AWS
- Hands-on experience with database architecture and modeling, RDMS and No-SQL.
- Should have good understanding of data archive/restore policies.
- Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional)
- Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- ITIL, CISSP or other relevant certifications are desirable
- If certified with Vmware skills will be added advantage.
City: TAGUIG CITY
State: National Capital Region
Community / Marketing Title: AWS Administrator
Job Category: IT
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: TAGUIG CITY, National Capital Region PH