Product Support Engineer, Mainframe
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204205
Position Title: Product Support Engineer III
What You’ll Do:
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Teradata products
- Lead discussions with internal and external customers to deliver technical analysis and solutions for Teradata product issues
- Recreate problems to assist with root cause analysis
- Interact with Engineering and peers to isolate product defects
- Adhere to Teradata Incident Management Process
- Identify and implement process, product and tool improvement
- Treat every customer professionally and with respect; ensure positive customer experience and satisfaction
- Coordinate proper escalations, where needed, for unresolved issues
- Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Customer Services Policies, Procedures, and Service offerings
- Create knowledge on new learnings
- Experience working in a mission-critical, 24/7 environment
- Technical mentoring of team members
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Proficient with LINUX and/or other OS environments
- Work effectively in a geographically dispersed support team environment
- Technical leadership skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Demonstrated experience supporting customers using complex products
- Knowledge of z/OS operating system and TSO
- Knowledge of z/OS JCL and REXX
- Knowledge of problem reproduction techniques on z/OS
- Experience installing CICS application programs
- Experience programming in C, z/Assembler, or COBOL
*This position can be located in either San Diego, CA or El Segundo, CA*
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
- Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
- Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Support Engineer, Mainframe
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US