System Performance Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204161
Position Title: Product Support Engineer (II)
Teradata is creating an exciting new team within our Global Support Organization that focuses on performance incidents. In this role, you will be engaged in a detailed analysis of Teradata system-level solutions of customer system performance issues. Performing analysis, understanding resource utilization/consumption, as well as issues related to platform architecture, configuration, sizing and much more. The ideal candidate will possess system-level analytical skills and an excellent understanding of methodologies and tools used to monitor and identify system performance issues. This role requires good resource management skills to balance progress on multiple incidents and projects. You will have the opportunity to solve real-world customer problems, learn a wide variety of new technologies, and to gain knowledge in a multitude of areas. To be successful, you should be a self-motivator who can quickly learn new technologies and dig deep into technical issues. You will own issues/incidents end-to-end, and take accountability. If you have a desire to work on the cutting edge of technology, face challenging problems then this position is for you. This is an excellent way to apply and grow capabilities, create and nurture relationships, and contribute to Teradata’s Success.
What You’ll Do:
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
- Full ownership of customer system performance incidents
- Discuss with customer and site team to fully understand the performance issue being reported, and the Who, What and When
- Actively engage in investigations and analysis
- Drive discussions with team members, other PST’s, MS, PD and Performance COE
- Coordinate/drive proper escalations, where needed, for unresolved issues while staying actively engaged
- Recreate problems to identify root cause analysis
- Lead discussions with internal and external customers to deliver technical analysis and solutions performance issue
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Teradata products
- Work with internal and external customers to deliver technical analysis and solutions for Teradata product issues
- Interact with Engineering and peers to isolate product defects
- Adhere to Teradata Incident Management Process
- Treat every customer professionally and with respect; ensure positive customer experience and satisfaction
- Coordinate proper escalations, where needed, for unresolved issues
- Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Customer Services Policies, Procedures, and Service offerings
- Create knowledge on new learnings
- Assist in technical mentoring
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- Experience with LINUX and/or other OS environments
- Ability to quickly assimilate technical knowledge
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and analytical ability
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience using a problem ticketing system
- Ability to effectively share technical knowledge
Specific Skills You’ll Need for this Role
- Experience supporting customers using complex configurations/products
- Knowledge of Teradata systems (preferred)
- Ability to learn multiple new product areas associated with Teradata
- Experience with problem recreation techniques on Linux operating systems
- Experience or knowledge with scripting/programming
- Able to prioritize workload while working on multiple problems simultaneously
- Able to learn Operating System constructs such as page caching, swapping, disk I/O and networking
- Able to quickly ramp up on platform architecture such as compression, performance, sizing, and storage
- Able to learn about hardware performance issues such as slow lun, controller down and CPU throttling
- Able to use powerpoint and excel
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
- Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
- Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: System Performance Analyst
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US