Software Principal/Leader Data Platform Architecture
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204160
Position Title: Director, Engineering
Teradata is looking for a dedicated engineering leader to lead the Data Platform Product Architecture Organization. This group is made up of senior product architects who provide architecture and design for the Teradata Data Platform engineering teams. This position is the key driver for execution, innovation, standardization, user experience. This role will report to the Senior Director of Engineering in Product Development and will collaborate closely with Engineering Functional architects, TIO (Technology Innovation Office) architects, Product Management and all peer Product Development teams to iterate on and execute a vision that delivers technology-enabled high-impact business outcomes for our enterprise customer base.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Technology and Architecture
- Enable Vantage SQL engine cohesive product architecture directly working with engineering lead, architects partnering with TIO (Technology Innovation Office) architects.
- - Ensure best development and architecture principles in place and work actively with engineering teams.
- - Innovate and bring new technical ideas and thought process so that Vantage SQL engine
- - Strong participation in competitive analysis, competitive benchmark, design /code review process.
Strategy and Planning
- Enable cross functional collaboration across the enterprise to drive programs from infancy ensuring that the features align with PM (Product Management) and TIO (Technology Innovation Office) goals.
- Empower members at all levels of the organization by clearly communicating the “why, what, and how” their contributions fit into the larger picture.
- Attract top talent and develop a cross-functional high-performing team of subject matter experts who can be applied throughout the organization based on need.
- Establish a trusted advisor culture that proactively and sustainably collaborates with other Product Development and Management counterparts in a company-wide competitive spirit.
- Develop strategies that leverage organic, structured and partnership approaches to increase the direct interaction, coordination and communication channels with customers and their use cases.
Operational /Customer Management
- Effectively communicate the “what and the why” for priorities decisions while providing perspective and guidance across all levels within the organization.
- Appropriately organize and present pertinent information (status, options, decisions) required by management to make effective decisions.
- Deliver innovative solutions that meet existing and future market/business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, sustainability, security and timelines of our enterprise customer base.
- Work closely with Database Front Line and Customer Support team to provide technical guidance to minimize customer turn around time
Key Experience and Qualifications:
Technical / Professional Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years in software development engineering contributing towards all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Minimum 5 years of cross-functional leadership roles in technology related companies including product architecture, business strategy, product management, engineering and operations.
- Proven track record of working in a SDLC /agile product development.
- Proven track record of responsibility for managing technical development or operations teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Advocate and experienced implementer of Agile software development principles and practices in an enterprise software development environment.
Leadership, Management and Relationship Building Skills
- Strong analytical acumen, communication and presentation skills necessary for relationship building with business leaders and teams across to deliver timely collaborative solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills – servant leader who collaboratively influences across a complex, global organization to drive direction. Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand.
- Superior organizational skills and an affinity for detail. Able to simultaneously manage multiple, mission-critical projects and the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong team builder and coach that develops direct reports and top talent across organization.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and develop a high performing team that raises the bar in defining functional excellence.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Principal/Leader Data Platform Architecture
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US