Sr. Software Quality Engineer – AppCenter
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 204159
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)-NoCal
Teradata AppCenter is a self-service execution platform that provides data scientists, business analysts, and SQL users with a web-based interface for building, sharing, and running analytic solutions as applications. In addition, AppCenter includes numerous shared platform services and is the home of IntelliSphere products and a core component of Vantage.
We’ve assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible, AWS/Azure, Jenkins, etc., in some of the largest deployments in the world. Teradata is undertaking a v1 large-scale deployment platform to configure, deploy, and manage both internal and external containerized apps.
Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest business problems with data and analytics and leveraging the latest technologies excite you? Would you like to work with a team of the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions? Then, Teradata has your next career opportunity.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You will be responsible for leveraging and extending existing test automation tools and frameworks. You will build automated testing capabilities and platforms for our CI/CD pipelines and use best practices to test on distributed systems located on public and private clouds. You will create robust and comprehensive test plans to verify functionality of the entire technology stack. You must have solid analytic skills, an enthusiasm for taking ownership, working as a team player, and a strong commitment to quality. In addition, you possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
As part of the Quality Assurance team, you will plan and execute the various testing activities against Teradata products to demonstrate that they meet our quality standards.
- You are able to perform software testing through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for the products
- You will build and run test automation in a CI/CD pipeline
- You will ensure quality system integration into the overall functionality of the product
- You can work closely with an Agile Squad to analyze the epics and stories for testability, clarify acceptance criteria, and look for opportunities to prevent problems before code is written
- You have the skills to analyze & triage automated tests running in the Continuous Integration system, taking appropriate action, and monitoring for (and fixing) bad tests
- You will contribute to improvements with our testing tools to support continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automated testing
- You will work side-by-side with the development team on testing in parallel and automating tests in the sprints
- You will participate in design reviews, advocating for the customer experience, testability, proper monitoring, and defect prevention
- You can execute test cases in an efficient and timely manner to ensure product quality during release cycles
- You will help manage and drive testing schedules and related activities
- You will identify and clearly document software defects. Create and maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software
- You must work closely with Developers and the Product team to coordinate test efforts and to resolve issues
- You will complete QE support during go-live activities related to releases
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and at least 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience developing and leveraging automated testing systems. Alternatively, we will also accept a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and at least 3 years of experience developing and leveraging automated testing systems.
- Testing RESTful APIs
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with unit, integration, functional, regression, performance and end-to-end testing
- Build tools – Gradle, Maven, Make
- Version Control Systems – Git/Github/Bitbucket
- Continuous integration solutions such as Jenkins and TeamCity
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
- Experience with Unix/Linux
- Experience with more than web testing.
The following are nice to have:
- Experience with Public Cloud (AWS, Azure), Private Cloud (VMWare)
- AngularJS, Node.js, Protractor
- Selenium WebDriver
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Software Quality Engineer – AppCenter
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US