Director, Cloud Services Engineering
Location: Pune, Maharashtra IN
Requisition Number: 204091
Position Title: Director, Cloud Engineering
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides analytic data solutions such as business applications, big data analytics and integrated data warehousing. Its solution offerings include software, hardware, and consulting and support services.
Teradata’s solutions helps organizations collect, integrate, and analyze data in order to transform that data into useful information, available when and where they need it to make better and faster decisions.
Reporting to the VP Engineering, the Engineering Leader - Teradata Cloud India will be responsible for building and growing the Teradata Cloud business. The successful candidate will have local responsibility to develop the cloud engineering team and will lead the India build out and operations.
The Engineering Leader of Teradata Cloud India will:
Design and locally deploy the cloud architecture to support multiple deployment options including managed cloud services, joint partnerships with global and regional service providers, and deployments in both public and private cloud environments.
• Build and manage a team to support the local deployment and operations of Teradata’s cloud.
• Collaborate with the Teradata Product Management and Engineering teams to contribute to Teradata Cloud
• Support the development of the partner ecosystem to enhance the growth of the cloud business.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to develop a vision, drive and manage the execution of that vision, and deliver top-tier results while load balancing and prioritizing efforts across strategy, leadership and operations. He or she is able to straddle the line of business and technology to execute on technology decisions that are influenced by the needs of the business.
Strategy & Planning
Act as a thought leader for technology-enabled business opportunities, in addition to partnering in the strategic planning, leading enterprise transformation through technology and evolving enterprise architectures.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate cloud organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
• Establish functional goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
• Demonstrate “Organizational Agility” by balancing the role of strategist with urgency while simultaneously managing the delivering results in a growing and fast paced environment.
Develop strategies to grow the business including development of new solutions as well as go to market approaches that include organic, inorganic and partnering approaches
• Develop channel strategies to broaden market reach People Leadership, Relationship Building and Partnership
• Recruit and build a high performing team of experienced cloud business and technology leaders
• Establish a proactive, trusted, advisor culture within the Cloud organization that serves all areas of the business.
• Builds employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
• Partner with all levels of the business to leverage technology as a strategic enabler and driver of business performance and outcomes.
• Transformational Leadership–remaining focused, facilitating and evolving change in support of continual business performance improvements. You will direct cloud engineering, cloud product management and cloud operations.
• Effectively communicate plans and provide consultative advice, counsel, education and guidance up, down and across all levels on the development of cloud operations and business.
• Appropriately organize and present ideas, options, plans, initiatives, roadmaps, business cases and other pertinent information required by management to make effective decisions
Plan, develop, deploy and integrate innovative solutions that meet existing and future market/business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, sustainability, implementation schedules,
and adherence to development goals of customer base.
Key Experience and Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess the following key qualifications:
Technical / Professional Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. MS or MBA preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of senior level, cross-functional leadership roles in technology related companies including business strategy, product management, engineering and operations
• Proven track record building a cloud team with full P&L ownership; experience taking on-premises solutions to a cloud model is a plus
• Proven track record of responsibility for managing technical development or operations teams.
• Must have extensive experience in the Cloud India industry with an understanding of competitive landscape, business development and cloud operations for the enterprise market.
Leadership, Management and Relationship Building Skills
- Strong business judgment, analytical acumen, communication and presentation skills necessary for relationship building with business leaders and teams across all levels of the organization to quickly create productive collaborations.
• Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills – servant leader with the ability to collaborate, leading through influence across a complex, global organization to drive direction. Strong facilitation and negotiation skills.
• Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
• Superior organizational skills and an affinity for detail. Able to simultaneously manage multiple, mission-critical projects and the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
• Strong team builder and leader. Coaching skills: the ability to develop one’s direct reports.
• Proven ability to recruit, motivate and develop a superior team and establish clear definition of functional excellence.
It will be Important to Possess:
- A mature and focused character, able to work alongside the top team.
• A strong awareness of both external and internal best practice perspectives, maintaining a balanced and fresh viewpoint.
• An entrepreneurial spirit to drive change and build a large business
• Significant energy and ability to function in an intense environment demonstrating initiative.
• A results driven manner, determined to achieve agreed goals, demonstrating significant decision making capacity.
• An engaging, open, genuine personality that naturally encourages interaction with individuals at all levels.
• Strong value system and sense of ethics.
• Absolute dedication to premium quality.
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Cloud Services Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pune, Maharashtra IN