Principal Consultant Software Engineering
Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 204067
Position Title: PS Consultant (II)
Principal Consultant Software Engineering
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will provide technical and managerial leadership to a world class engineering team that designs and develops path-breaking large scale cluster data processing systems. You will mentor sophisticated organizations on large scale data and analytics and work with client teams to deliver results. As a senior member of the consulting team, you will help Teradata Consulting practice to establish thought leadership in the big data space by contributing white papers, technical commentary and representing our company at industry conferences.
As Principal Software Engineer you will mentor junior members on the team in application architecture, design and development best practices. Support and manage internal asset development projects. Complete other duties as assigned.
- Prior consulting experience or client facing experience required
- 5 years of experience managing software teams
- 7 years of experience programming in Java, C++,
- Proficient in SQL, NoSQL, relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data
- Prior experience with Spark, Hadoop, and Hive
- Experience building complex and non-interactive systems (batch, distributed, etc.)
- Must be adept at sizing and estimating new projects, as well as have experience supporting new business development
- Must have strong analytical skills and be a creative problem-solver
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies
- Strong team player capable of working in a demanding start-up environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Dynamic and/or functional languages (e.g., Python, Ruby, Scala, Clojure)
- Experience designing and tuning high performance systems
- Prior experience with data warehousing and business intelligence systems
- Linux expertise
- Prior work and/or research experience with unstructured data and data modeling
- Familiarity with different development methodologies (e.g., agile, waterfall, XP, scrum, etc.)
- Understand basic modeling techniques and tool sets. Implement simple Python or R analytic routines.
Must be able to travel to client sites at least 50% of the time. Must be able to interact and communicate with the client in meetings. Must be able to write programming code in applicable languages. Must be able to write project documentation in Japanese and English.
Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field followed by nine (9) years of progressively responsible professional experience programming in Java, Python or C/C++. Experience with production software development life-cycle. Experience with Linux, SQL, relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data. Experience building complex and non-interactive systems (batch, distributed, etc.).
Master's Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field. Seven (7) years of experience programming in Java, Python or C/C++. Experience with production software development life-cycle. Experience with Linux, SQL, relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data. Experience building complex and non-interactive systems (batch, distributed, etc.).
Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
Community / Marketing Title: Principal Consultant Software Engineering
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP