Location: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE
Requisition Number: 204044
Position Title: Analytics Consulting II
As a member of the Teradata Consulting Delivery - Analytics team, you will work with and learn fromthe best people in the industry as you help clients define their Big Data and Analytics strategy, architect and implement these road maps, and bring to life revolutionary new analytics and insights.
Our teams value collaboration and professional growth whether it's learning an industry when traveling to work with customers, creating new and never-been-done before solutions, or speaking at conferences about our clients' accomplishments and successes. We believe in developing our people to be expert technologists and thought leaders in the Big Data space!
- Work in a presales capacity to define, design and defend complex solutions that you helped to architect/create to some of the World’s most prestigious clients.
- Provide technical direction to a world class engineering team
- Collaborate with Sales and Client Partners to develop new business and manage existing client relationships
- Design and develop code, scripts, data pipelines, and analytical applications that leverage structured and unstructured data
- Participate in and lead requirements and design workshops with our clients
- Must be adept at sizing and estimating new projects, as well supporting new business development.
- Mentoring junior members on the team in application architecture, design and development best practices
- Help establish thought leadership in the big data space by contributing to white-papers, technical commentary and representing our company at industry conferences.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Have 3-5+ years’ experience programming in Java, Python or C/C++, demonstrate proven expertise in production grade software development.
- Be proficient in SQL, NoSQL database design and modelling
- Have experience with Hadoop stack, i.e different Hadoop distribution (Hortonworks and Cloudera), Hive, Spark, Kafka, Spark, Oozie, Ranger, etc
- Have experience in design and implement large scale distributed systems, preferably have experience in data lake implementation (both batch and stream)
- Have strong analytical skills and be a creative problem-solver
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and be a strong team player capable of working in a demanding start-up environment.
- Have prior work and/or research experience with unstructured data and data modelling as well as familiarity with different development methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, XP, scrum, etc.)
- Preferably have prior consulting experience
- Have bachelor or higher degree in computer science or similar subjects
- Dynamic and/or functional languages experience such as Python, Ruby, Scala, and Clojure are also desirable
- Development experience in cloud environment like AWS and Azure is a strong plus
- DevOps and infrastructure as code experience, familiar with tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Machine learning engineering experience, like model management, model serving, optimizing model training is a strong plus
- Experience designing and tuning high-performance systems and prior experience with data warehousing and business intelligence systems
- A professional or academic background that includes mathematics, statistics, machine learning and data mining is a plus
State: Stockholms lan
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE