Product Owner (PO) Analytical Ecosystem
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204035
Position Title: Product Manager (III)
Analytical Ecosystem Product Management is responsible for charting and executing product and capabilities directions to achieve end user satisfaction, competitive distinction and ultimately to generate business benefits for Teradata. We have a wide range of responsibilities and a mandate to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve our goals. Our organization has a dynamic range befitting of a portfolio of products and capabilities intent upon capturing and preparing customer data, plus ensuring analytics are always on and operating at the highest efficiency. Overall, Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
Today our technologies offer industry-leading functions enabling business to enjoy an “always on” pattern for key analytical systems. However, what’s next for the industry? We believe that Teradata is poised to define the ultimate “always on” end state for the data answering industry at large and are looking for talent to help define that state, logically plan and execute with the team to achieve the goal.
As a Product Owner (PO), in the Analytical Ecosystem, you will be responsible for defining, planning and executing Teradata’s solutions for an always on infrastructure. You will drive product development, expanding solution capabilities by understanding first hand customer insights and translating business needs to engineering for development. You should be eager to work with our customers, with an engineering mindset, to provide Sales and Marketing the products they need to meet Teradata’s goals. We need you, as the candidate, to understand complex technical market needs and then translate these needs for consumption by a variety of teams using an Agile framework.
This PO position is for a well-rounded candidate with relevant experience in technical software product ownership/management (or equivalent experience), agile development, accompanied by deployment and business proficiencies including competitive analysis, pricing, and licensing.
- Define and refine product and solution vision and manage the product backlog accordingly
- Validate the vision with internal stakeholder and external end user customers
- Declare and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to help define/refine product vision and prepare for execution
- Develop user centered requirements to realize an end-to-end offering and solution
- Develop market opportunity analysis, contribute to market POV, and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities
- Ultimately deliver on an innovative offering and solution drawn from user requirements, market validation, and measured by KPIs
- Basic understanding of security
- Generally, ensure product ownership/management activities meet industry-leading standards, processes and controls for product release activities across solution suites
- Understands User Stories, Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria and Tests
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate complex concepts to management, team members as well as non-technical audiences
- Exceptional ability to impact and influence business results where cross group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus building skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Involves a limited amount of travel (<20%)
- Authorized to work in the United States
- BA/BS in a relevant field
- 1+ years of Product Owner/Management (or equivalent) experience in a software technology business
- Practical experiences in relational database and data warehousing stacks Teradata, Oracle, HANA, Hadoop/NO-SQL repositories, and operational knowledge of visualization (like Qlik, Tableau, Cognos) and data transformation tools (like Pentaho, Informatica)
- Good understanding of public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructures and when to apply them
- Knowledge of customer system and data availability requirements, including measurement methodologies (RPO/RTO) and Uptime SLAs/SLOs, architectural approaches, etc.
- A proven customer centric viewpoint, with associated hands on experiences, fully aware of the competitive and industry trends
- Ability to create and own the product vision and manage the product backlog from a user centered perspective
- Deep understanding of open source data platform technologies and markets to support data integration and analytics tasks at scale: e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of relational database technologies with an emphasis on technologies and brands that assert high availability like Goldengate and Oracle Dataguard.
- Deep understanding of HA/BC/DR.
- Profound experience in managing the product life cycle management in AHA
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Product Owner (PO) Analytical Ecosystem
Job Category: Product Management
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US