Senior User Experience Content Developer/Writer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 204009
Position Title: Information Engineer (IV)
As a content developer and technical writer at Teradata, you play an important role in the overall user experience, as you create meaningful text and visual web content to help our users do their job efficiently. Your content is crisp and engaging, crafted with SEO in mind to ensure findability of our https://docs.teradata.com information. You help to shape the end-to-end content experience for our modern and streamlined products, including content within applications, use cases, and reference material. You challenge how we do things, and know how to take an assignment and run with it.
We are welcoming an additional content developer to our large group of skilled technical communicators and content management experts.
- Produce top-notch technical web content for our users, including Data Scientists and DBAs, guiding them through our products efficiently. Content includes in-product help, user guides, configuration guides, programming reference, and more.
- Leverage your content management expertise to ensure our content is created, published, and maintained efficiently.
- Act as the first customer of every release by working hands-on with our products. Advocate for the end user by collaborating closely with product management, engineering, field teams, and customers.
- Drive guidelines and best practices, manage cross-functional projects, and work with leadership to set goals and implement roadmaps.
- Grow as a stellar writer and communicator, staying on top of trends and learning new technology and concepts. Adhere to our standards…and question them.
- Write UI text that facilitates user navigation, as well onboarding, error messages, and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
- Juggle multiple projects involving complex technologies. Respond to changing scope and schedules.
This position is on-site at our beautiful campus in Rancho Bernardo.
- A Bachelor’s degree, a technical background, and at least eight years of relevant experience.
- Skilled at writing crisp and modern technical copy.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and conduct educated conversations with SMEs and users.
- Strong desire to understand the end-user experience
- Exceptional organizational skills with a dogged determination to find information, then decide the best way to deliver it to the user.
- Curiosity, desire, and skills to excel within several different areas of content production. You enjoy learning about new trends and concepts as they come along.
- An understanding that standards should be both followed and challenged.
- Apt at being simultaneously self-reliant and collaborative.
- You’ve already edited this ad and have suggestions for improving it.
- Developing and publishing web HTML content, following search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Developing documentation in an agile environment.
- Producing in-product or on-screen content, delivering the needed information at the exact time.
- Working with database or analytics software, SQL, Python, or other related languages.
- Experience with structured writing, single sourcing, and content management systems. We’re a big DITA/XML shop, but our tools are just a way to meet our user’s needs.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior User Experience Content Developer/Writer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US