Customer Service Engineer
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Requisition Number: 203939
Position Title: Customer Srvcs Rep (III)
Teradata is the acknowledged global leader in data warehouse innovation and analytical solution development. Every day we raise our customers’ intelligence to higher levels, making them more focused and competitive by gathering enterprise information and extracting actionable insight.
Teradata elevates enterprise intelligence by giving every decision maker the insight required for smarter, faster decisions. We add value and reveal opportunity across more dimensions than any competing solution.
In every industry and geography, our technologies and expertise make the difference. Simply put, Teradata solutions make companies smarter and give them the competitive advantage to win. To learn more, please go to teradata.com
Teradata has a vacant position for a Customer Services Representative [CSR] with the Account management responsibilities for the designated accounts and reporting to Delivery Operations Manager for South and Public territories.
This role will be responsible for Public sector customer install base and is required to supply on-site support for Teradata Database customers. Typically these customers have 24x7 contracts, and the successful applicant must be prepared to be on-call as required up to a maximum of 18 weeks a year.
This role is responsible for the overall Teradata platform availability, proactive maintenance, all technical issue management, escalation, resolution and technical leadership in the strategic planning and implementation of support services for the customer site.
This person will be looking after the system’s UNIX/Windows/Linux operating system, Teradata Database, Hadoop, Aster SW and hardware, TWME. Pro-active maintenance is the key in this role. In house SW/HW and soft-skills training is available and high encouraged to grow the successful applicant’s skill.
The position requires a planned account management view as well as an understanding of the day to day operational aspects of the customer. The role will require proven expertise in liaising with senior executive levels in large multinationals and ability to hold influence in the matrixed service delivery organisation. Leadership is one of the crucial skills that is needed for the role. The function involves day to day management of the Public sector customer Teradata Environments:
- Management of service delivery issues [break and fix].
- Ensure completion of service deliverables and provide leadership during crisis situations.
- Management of the escalation process.
- Meet with customer on a periodic basis to discuss service delivery and deliverables.
- Task management of designated account support from BAU and project perspective.
- Assure clear management reporting and management communication to both internal and external stakeholders for BAU or Project activities
- Liaise/engage and manage 3rd party support teams as necessary.
- Lead and manage development of the implementation plans for system change and/or new implementations.
The Customer Service Representatives (CSR's) function requires the individual to:
- Have a valid drives licence
- Security clearance [NV1] [candidate eligible to apply for will be considered]
- Respond to all the calls from the customer or on-site diagnostics as scheduled 24x7 basis
- Perform OS/Database Software upgrades.[Teradata, Hadoop, Aster]
- Perform preliminary software problem investigation and diagnostics collection.
- Perform hardware break-fix and upgrades.
- Manage system based Change Controls for O/S, Teradata and HW environment.
- Escalation management and escalate unresolved issues as per the escalation process.
- Provide feedback to the customer for reported issues.
- As per the Customer Support Contract provide the Site and Service and availability reports.
- Spare parts management.
- System Health Check Review, System management reporting and oversight of technical support issues.
- Software release management, including review and recommendations on software
- Understand and be responsible for delivery scope management in accordance to support and maintenance contract.
This is a customer facing role and may require some travel with-in the territory.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in computer technology or related fields.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in local language.
- Experience and general working knowledge of UNIX (HP-UNIX, Solaris UNIX…) & or Linux. This could be in the form of UNIX Admin or high level user.
- Experience with Teradata client software, networking, host operating systems, and utilities is a plus. (To help in timely identification and resolution of customer incidents).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components and personal computers (for generating the many reports required by the customer).
- DBA/SQL knowledge/experience in Databases such as Oracle, Informix is highly preferred.
- Aster, Hadoop knowledge/experience is highly preferred.
- Cloud knowledge desirable
- VMware installation, configuration, support knowledge desirable
- An appropriate tertiary qualification is required (ie. BSc, B.E, etc).
- Strong Operational Maturity
- Strong Incident Management Skills
- Strong Documentation Skills
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Politically Astute
- Relationship Management Capabilities
- Technical ability to take control of an account
- Honesty, Consistency, and Integrity (Reputation above reproach)
- Perform simple to complex analysis with the use of a personal computer
- Strong knowledge of Teradata DBMS Skills
- Strong knowledge of UNIX Skills
- Strong understanding of SQL
- Strong understanding of DBS system macros & tables
- Strong understanding of Host utilities
- Strong understanding of support utilities
- Investigation of software issues & problem diagnosis
- Understanding of disaster recovery techniques
- Understanding of customer client/server connectivity & configurations
- Understanding of hardware platforms
- Understanding of hardware and software configuration techniques
- Develop and enforce account policies and procedures
- Ownership of resolution to technical account and personnel issues
- Provides focus for the account support team
- Provide leadership for and participate in all aspects of Teradata Technical Support Strategy
- Facilities & Environmental Planning [Site Surveys]
State: Australian Capital Territory
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Service Engineer
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU