Senior Software Test Automation/Devops Engineer
Location: El Segundo, California US
Requisition Number: 203916
Position Title: DevOps Engineer (III)
- Teradata Product Development Group, within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
The test automation engineer will work closely with Teradata’s High Availability Engineering team and architects to develop & deploy test automation framework in Continuous Development & Integration environment. Successful candidates will have broad experience in test automation/tools, framework, software test development & implementation of complex test procedures (functional, regression, integration and load). They will be well versed in working in and contributing to fully Agile and automated development & test environments. Programming experience in Python, C and Java languages is required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Design, develop & automate tests to verify product operation and interoperability, including Unit, Feature and Failover/Recovery strategies
• Design and execute complex test plans to simulate High Availability environments with query & data load, failure/recovery and boundary test conditions
• Participate in Agile software development & test processes
• Automate/develop tests to support software quality efforts
• Automate/support test framework to validate & implement load and performance tests
• Analyze and troubleshoot issues and test conditions; analyze product resource utilization and recommend alternatives to improve performance
• Assist product engineers in the identification, reproduction and resolution of defects
• Provide & implement recommendations to improve test efficiency & methodology
This position is located in El Segundo, CA. This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level.
Skills & Attributes:
The ideal candidate will have proven test development and deployment experience, excellent analytical skills, ability to plan and organize with strong interpersonal and communications skills. The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of software development best practices and experience in test development & automation on Linux.
BS, CS with 5+ years of Software Test Development/Automation experience, including but not limited to:
Familiarity with Software test development & automation - Unit, Functional, Integration tests
In-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance methodologies
Data: JSON, AJAX, REST, XML/Schema, HTML
• Experience in an Agile development process
• Strong programming & scripting skills understanding
• Demonstrated deployment experience with CI/CD: Jira, Clover, Crucible, TeamCity, Jenkins, Git
- Demonstrated Build experience: Ant, CMake, Maven
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: El Segundo
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Test Automation/Devops Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: El Segundo, California US